• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Pappy's Adventure - 1981 restomod

Pappy is officially back on the road!

Finished up the YJ spring swap. I went from 4" super lift springs to BDS 3.5" and somehow gained an extra 1+ of height 🤣. Shows how old and worn out the super lifts were. The BDSs are soooo much softer. The ride and flex are night and day. With that comes a bit more body roll when the sway bar is disconnected. Have to keep that in mind. The YJ springs moved the axle forward enough I don't have any rubbing on my rock rail so very happy about that as well.

Got the engine side ac condenser and compressor mounted up. Evap fitting is next week. Roll cage is still in paint. Strong hold shift boot should be here in the next week. Bunch of little stuff and we'll be ready for Kentucky!


5284.jpg
 
We made it up to Ozark National Forest for a few days to test out everything. Transmission is solid. Transfer case rebuild with the heavier detent springs proved to work great. No more rear stick popping out. I had to make a small adjustment to the clutch pivot pin and back it off as the throw out bearing was coming in contact when I started to flex a bit. Over all everything was rock solid and I'm very pleased.

Couple pics and videos of the trip.

5209.jpgDJI_0456_exported_22689~3.jpgPXL_20250527_190326059.jpgPXL_20250528_193631053.MP.jpgPXL_20250528_165940853.MP.jpgPXL_20250527_143241790.MP.jpgPXL_20250528_164019198.MP.jpgIMG-20250527-WA0005~2.jpgPXL_20250528_145154928.TS_exported_20341.jpg
 
Nothing crazy in the garage this winter. Mostly just small project tinkering with this or that.

Referencing this post... https://www.cj-8.com/threads/25-7-h4-headlight-upgrade-kit.53736/ I installed the Toyota PN 81110-60P70 for FJ Cruiser headlights. Also compared the H4 55w bulbs vs 80w bulbs.

https://www.cj-8.com/threads/25-7-h4-headlight-upgrade-kit.53736/post-475039

👆👆 For comparison shots

I cut out nearly 4' of the harness between the lights to clean it up a bit. Enjoying one of my crisp Kolschs' from my secret Santa on this stupidly warm January.

24064.jpg

PXL_20260107_201431925.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top