• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Pics from my trip to Ajax and the Firehole in Florence, AZ

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Hey guys... I just got back from my trip this weekend to run Ajax and the Firehole on Upper Woodpecker in Florence, AZ.

I thought you guys might be interested in some pics... I'll have all of them up next weekend... here are a few teasers though.

forum

Another one from the Firehole
Whoops at the Firehole
Crewcab S-10 on Ajax
Lifted ZR2 on Ajax

Taco on Ajax

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
trail ride pics

great pics,it's always nice to see other trial pics from other parts of the country-JC:D

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I sure do miss AZ, nice shots. I especially miss it this time of the year too.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
dadscj8 said:
I sure do miss AZ, nice shots. I especially miss it this time of the year too.

Yeah... where else can you go wheeling in shorts and a t-shirt and still be hot on November 23rd!

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Come on down... we'll show you around.

And yes, I'm serious. We had people come in from So cal and New Mexico for this trip. There was even a guy coming in from Texas, but had to cancel at the last minute.

Next trip we plan, I'll be sure to post it over here as well to see if people want to join us.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
I might take you up on a visit sometime, i lived in Tucson for many years and i do plan on coming back for a visit someday in the not too distant future. There's a couple of nice places to go in the Tucson area also.

CJ8Rockcrawler

The FABLED 8
Lifetime Member
City
Minneapolis
State
MN
Yeah, there are some nice places down that way. I've only run some trails in the sawtooth mountains, but I want to do Charleau Gap sometime soon. It is supposed to beautiful. Another area that a friend of mine has been trying to convince me to come down and do some trails in the Galiuro Mountains.

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Yes, i have run the gap, it really is nice. I think i've been in the Galiuro's but i'm not certain. There are also some trails in the Benson/St. David area that are nice. I love coming across the old ghost towns. Keep me posted on any of your trips, i've love to hear about them.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
dadscj8 said:
I might take you up on a visit sometime, i lived in Tucson for many years and i do plan on coming back for a visit someday in the not too distant future. There's a couple of nice places to go in the Tucson area also.

I'm headed out there (South West) for a 2 week vaca within 2 years for an all wheeling trip would really like to hook up with a few from here & head out there, but that's a little ways off...
keep me in mind if you head out there Phil & whoever else!

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Will do Mike, by that time i may actually be able to get away for more than a few days.