• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project Blue

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
@RockTractor this photo shows the edging put on the cut edge coming off... might have cut these a little tighter, thus take a little at a time

Did the edging ultimately work / stay in place?
Also, did you cut one side and them use it as a template for the other?

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Did the edging ultimately work / stay in place?
Also, did you cut one side and them use it as a template for the other?
Edge needed a little adhesive... sorta used one as guide as it is mirrored

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I guess they couldn't get a hundred grand for it.

Imo, it's kind of a bummer when these restorations get so nice they're too expensive to enjoy. All this will do is sit in someone's collection.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
With the markup and asking prices on the 392, it might be a deal in disguise.

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
With the markup and asking prices on the 392, it might be a deal in disguise.
local dealership has one in transit with an $84k sticker price - marked up to $94k. once it's on the lot I bet it's there just a few days before it sells. crazy

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Sold for $61K according to BaT... I thought it would do more, but this is what someone was willing to pay.

cb

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Sold for $61K according to BaT... I thought it would do more, but this is what someone was willing to pay.

cb
Reserve not met so it did not sell on BAT. However, heard higher deal in the works.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
local dealership has one in transit with an $84k sticker price - marked up to $94k. once it's on the lot I bet it's there just a few days before it sells. crazy

Someone must have bought it, it is not at the dealer anymore.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I'm with cb. Although I like the black roof. Whack a 5 speed in that sucker and it'll be stellar😁

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I was going to say it was screaming for decals, then I realized they were removed (even the "Jeep" on the side) :huh:

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I like the white waggies a lot better... just my $.02.

cb
The white version was classic. The new black top and wheels is different, kinda amazing how much it changes the look. Guys at Cross Jeep good people and things just happened before another BAT

Last edited:

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I was going to say it was screaming for decals, then I realized they were removed (even the "Jeep" on the side) :huh:
Decals coming back… dealer was preparing for silver, nice… 1983 tricolor color might pop. Planning update build

Last edited: