• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Radiator recommendations? (V8 conversion)

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
Swapping in an LT1 and looking for a good buy on an aluminum radiator.

I have been doing some internet research and have read that the size of the fluid channels, the number of fins per inch, and other factors make a big difference.

Anyway, I'm looking at maybe one from this manufacturer...looks like the price is right and good quality (Note, this is not the exact radiator I'm looking for...I need to go out and measure inputs and outputs and verify radiator dimensions. Just posting this as an example of price and quality).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-RO...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Another question: since I am running a manual trans, can I use the trans cooler in this type of radiator to cooler my power steering fluid (Hydro-boost brakes and hydro-assist steering) or would it be better to get a separate small, finned cooler?

Any other suggestions or thoughts on what I should look for (or look out for!) or where to buy?

thanks,
-Mike

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
I used a copper radiator from ebay...dont remember who the seller was but it was a 4 core and about $180 bucks.. It has worked fine.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Don't forget

Just as important as the radiator is an efficient shroud. That IS experience speaking by the way. ;)

:wave:

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I'd plumb the Ps cooler separately if it were mine. There's no sense in preheating the fluid with the radiator-

WildTurkeycj8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
richmond
State
va
I'd plumb the Ps cooler separately if it were mine. There's no sense in preheating the fluid with the radiator-

I do alot of things that make no sense, but it sounds like this is one I'd like to avoid! Thanks for the advice...I'll run a separate cooler for that.