• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Restoring color to interior door panels

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
Any tips or tricks to restoring the color back on sun faded tan plastic interior door panels in my half doors ?

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Just spray them with low gloss interior paint. If you want the Honey color (close to Spice) then you and get a 12 oz spray can of SEM Color coat 15173 Camel. Got that tip from WM69. If you want Nutmeg, you can order a pint or more from TCP Global. It's SEM 1982 AMC Interior low gloss Nutmeg SEM # 4072, also listed as PPG # 24930. I use the San Diego location, but I think there is one on the East Coast also. No thinning required. Just spray as it comes. A small spray gun from Harbor Freight for 10 to 20 bucks works well.

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
SEM is the way to go. Prep is key, though. Follow their instructions for their system. They are detailed. Autobody paint supply store should be able to do exact color match in a spray can, assuming you have a color code, or you can take door panel in to store.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I only have YJ hard half doors. I guess they are a black plastic shell on the inside SEM is not a paint brand that I've ever heard of. Thanks