flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
In sitting in their lobby as they cut the hood letters. They were able to get an oem set and traced the originals, so they should be pretty authentic.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
What do y'all think? Can anyone measure their Scrambler's decals and tell me if these dimensions look correct? How do the fonts look to you guys?

The "SCRAMBLER" letters are right at 30" from the front of the S to the end of the R. Also, the cut off date has been moved to the 27th to make up for the time with no proofs.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
I'll get some original measurements tomorrow. Then I'll place an order. Nice. :wave:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
The Scrambler text looks good to my eyes. Exact size is not critical to me on this since it goes on a smooth surface and any minor size variance wouldn't be easily noticed..

The lettering for the embossed surfaces needs to be pretty precise or it won't fit right. It looks to me like the "P" pictured above measures at about 3.375" tall. Comparing to my tailgate(s), it seems too large to fit within the flat area of the raised lettering (almost 1/4" too tall). Can you check the letters against your Jeep for comparison?

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Can you check the letters against your Jeep for comparison?
Mines fiberglass, so it's flat, no embossing.

The decal measures right at 13", and from looking back at Tower's picture the oem tailgate embossed section is right around 12.5". Can someone verify the height of each tailgate letter with a ruler/yardstick? Clear photos would be great. How does the side lettering look?

Last edited:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378992955.027801.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378992979.179836.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378993018.914609.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378993032.808971.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378993054.000069.jpg

Maroon one is one of the very first CJ-8s off the line and the yellow one is one of the last 1981s

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
Thanks Toby. Do you happen to have the tailgate with the embossed letters that you can take a close up of with a tape measure? I certainly appreciate it!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379001999.189590.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379002019.565244.jpg

The yellow one is the late '81 and the blue one with the tape is a mid '83.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
No problem. If you need any others, let me know and I'll go back out to the missile base and get them for you.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379362869.883262.jpg

Hi guys. I've located this set of graphics. This font looks "right" to me, more-so than the first. Do you agree?

Ryan is also shortening the tailgate decal to 12.5".

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Yes, I agree that looks better. Here is another image I found which seems to be very similar to what you have there. The diagonal leg of the "R" is pretty distinctive.

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Newnan
State
ga
So how many sets are confirmed bought so far? If these^^ are what will be shipped I will order tomorrow.

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I sent an email to Ryan with the above font. According to most of the pictures I've seen this appears to be the most common style, so I've asked Ryan to switch the "SCRAMBLER" letters to this style. He's going to get a proof set made so I can have a picture for you guys. I also asked him to shorten the tailgate "Jeep" letters to 12.5" from the 13" on the proof set.

To make a short answer long, yes... The latest "SCRAMBLER" letters will be the ones included in the set. As for how many have been sold, I'll have to ask Ryan. I don't think there have been many since I couldn't get the pictures up or verify the tailgate letter size. Hopefully there will be a decent response, but even at $42 a set I think it's a steal.

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Newnan
State
ga
If I buy a set of these I am going to want the side stripes with the hockey sticks as well. have you mentioned that to them yet,, in the same relective material????

flashover604

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Lancaster
State
Oh
I did mention the side stripes to him, but not as a piece of this set. I didn't think that there would be enough people wanting the stripes to make it worthwhile, as it would drive the cost of the set up quite a bit. He is aware of them, but we haven't traced any or done any detective work on them as this will probably be a one shot deal unless they decide to become vendors. Feel free to ask Ryan about them though. If they know that there is a need, it may steer them towards becoming a vendor. He DID say that if he did them he'd probably run five sets or so in five different colors and have them in stock .

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Newnan
State
ga
I did mention the side stripes to him, but not as a piece of this set. I didn't think that there would be enough people wanting the stripes to make it worthwhile, as it would drive the cost of the set up quite a bit. He is aware of them, but we haven't traced any or done any detective work on them as this will probably be a one shot deal unless they decide to become vendors. Feel free to ask Ryan about them though. If they know that there is a need, it may steer them towards becoming a vendor. He DID say that if he did them he'd probably run five sets or so in five different colors and have them in stock .
We can get this reflective material in different colors?????