• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler sighting . . . on the showroom floor

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Ok, after an hour trying to coax an O2 sensor from my buddy's '04 Rubi (big fail for me, but my god, there's no way to get any leverage!), he brought it to the dealer, and called me when he saw this on the showroom floor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Story is, sold new in 1981 from this dealership, and the owner, who apparently never heard of ebay, called the dealer up and asked if they wanted to buy it back. The owner of the dealership told me she will not sell it. Period. I told her it was my duty and obligation to report it to the SOA, and that she might get offers soon enough.

attachment.php

81K on the odometer, and it is by no means flawless. Driver's seat is all busted up, some paint pealing here and there, but man is this thing nice. I can't believe how much the sport package & hardtop cost compared to the base price.

aac1431

Legacy Registered User
City
Riverdale
State
MI
I remember walking into the showroom in 1983 and seeing my first Scrambler (that was while stationed in Germany). I couldn't afford one then and I am finding out it gets no cheaper later in life trying to resurrect one. Brings back good memories.....

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
That's really cool. Love the "Window Sticker".
Power steering costs more than the 4.2 upgrade.
Was the 4 speed in '81 the T4, T176, or something else? It is listed as standard equipment.
Sounds like the dealer appreciates what she's got.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Awesome Scrambler! I couple things I noticed looking at the pics; lots of options and chrome but no rear bumper, lower stainless rocker trim has been painted black, radio antenna is on the driver's side when most were mounted on the passenger side (I've seen a few others like this as well. Also has a different style antenna then the standard one, mine came with the same style but mounted high on the passenger side cowl. AM/FM/CB radio antenna or just the style they used when they ran out of the standard style?).