• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Show off your colors

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Since I didn't include it in my first post I will put my Jeep here. I don't know what the exact color red it is because the previous owner painted it but I will be changing it back to the original Silver Mist Metallic with blue stripes hopefully this winter if all goes well.

attachment.php

ExhaustDemon

Legacy Registered User
City
newton
State
nj
Since I didn't include it in my first post I will put my Jeep here. I don't know what the exact color red it is because the previous owner painted it but I will be changing it back to the original Silver Mist Metallic with blue stripes hopefully this winter if all goes well.

attachment.php

but it looks awesome now. must have rust somewhere we cant see in the photo, right? :confused:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
but it looks awesome now. must have rust somewhere we cant see in the photo, right? :confused:

Nope, no rust. I just like the original paint/stripe combo. Plus, I'm a lucky guy and my father-in-law owns a custom hotrod and upholstery shop. He said as soon as he finishes up one of the projects he has I can pull the Jeep in and tear it down, strip it, do any body work, and paint it at his shop. Of course I will be taking pics along the way. I just have to be patient as his paying customers come first obviously. The current paint job is a good "10-foot" job but if you get closer you can see the runs and pin-holes in it and the doors don't match exactly, they are just a shade lighter. The PO also sprayed a very cheap bedliner type material on the inside of the tub. He must not have preped the tub very well and the liner is bubbling up and allowing water to be traped under it on the cab floor boards and we all know how well the floorboards hold up to exposure to water. The PO did what I would call a good "driveway restoration". I just plan on making it even better.

Last edited:

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
Polarfire nailed the retro colors - they are always the most alluring in my opinion. my other personal preferences are Pathkiller's Deep Night Blue, and Carbine's retro Slate Blue.

Here's my basic black - not as eye catching ........but a timeless standard retro look is what I hope to have accomplished :cool:

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Here are a few more good retro colors/stripe kits from my picture database:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• '83 Scrambler 4.jpg
    '83 Scrambler 4.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 838

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
Stop It!

Ok, now I'm ready to go back to paint booth and do the blue on black, with Levi blue seats!!

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
Complete1-1.jpg

I took the original paint code and matched it to PPG. It is a silver but do not know the name of it. If interested, I can get the code off of the paint can. Still need to add the "Scrambler" decal on hood and "JEEP" on sides.

sodman

Sodman
City
Arcadia
State
FL
Polarfire nailed the retro colors - they are always the most alluring in my opinion. my other personal preferences are Pathkiller's Deep Night Blue, and Carbine's retro Slate Blue.

Here's my basic black - not as eye catching ........but a timeless standard retro look is what I hope to have accomplished :cool:
Wow! That has allways been my favorite! Very nice! Thanks for posting.

sodman

Sodman
City
Arcadia
State
FL
Nice! I gotta see that.

I'm really leaning towards Jeep Rescue Green, also for the Tactical/Utilitarian look. Sort of a military green with metallic in it.

Can't go wrong with that. I wanted to paint everything when doing the build, but the skinny wallet syndrone kicked in!
There have been some very nice looking rigs in this post. :bow::drool:

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
That is actually not Black but Dark Blue.
attachment.php

WOW!!!!!:drool:

Repainting mine in the spring for the same reasons as Polarfire. Its a ten foot job and i redecorated the PS fender a lil at the Nationals this past year.:banghead::huh:

I love the slate blue metallic and black combo I have now but after seeing this . . . Im starting to think otherwise.

Keep the pics coming guys!!

Later
Sean

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Just to keep this thread going and everyone drooling, here are a few more from the picture archive...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• White 1984 with world cab.jpg
    White 1984 with world cab.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 691

BigPumaRebel

Legacy Registered User
City
Brookshire
State
TX
i like an electric blue, like toyota's, but now i think i am going with a canary yellow with only black accents.

it will be the bomb :D

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
more nice jeeps :popcorn::popcorn:

why are those decal kits so pricey ???

I wish they were cheaper too but they add so much to the look of the Jeep IMO. I can't wait to get mine. I think they are costly because they are screen printed on the vinyl like the OEM stripes rather then layering vinyl, plus there is a limited market for them.

kimsanva

Rocket Scientist
Lifetime Member
City
Greenbackville
State
VA
Didi someone say yellow with only black accents?
attachment.php

attachment.php

I've gone to stock front bumper and rear bumperettes. Still considering blackout trim for the headlights and turn signals.