• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

The Horton All-Terrain Medic "Star" Jeep (aka: Scrambulance!)

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
So far have made contact with the poster and I should be able to contact them soon.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Lol .. cant wait to see this one.. Might have to take a ride to Nj even sooner the planed..

Sent from my SPH-L900

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Lol .. cant wait to see this one.. Might have to take a ride to Nj even sooner the planed..

Sent from my SPH-L900

All I said was I'm supposed to get the contact information. Dont jump the gun there antsy pants. :wave:

TLT CJ8

Basic User
City
Bullard
State
TX
Hey guys. I've received several messages about this Jeep. I'm working with the Fire Department that has it and the owner. I'd like to see the Fire Department receive the proceeds of the sell. I'm sure it will take several days to get everything lined up, as I'm doing all of this over the phone with guys in Colorado (I'm in Texas). I really want to make sure this Jeep ends up in good hands. I would love to own something like this, but I'm not really in a position to buy it. Since I can't buy it, I want to insure that it ends up on the hands of someone that will appreciate it and take care of it.

I will keep you guys up to date as this goes along. I'm really not sure how to price this Jeep and not really sure the best process of selling it. If we're unable to establish a fair price, I might set up an auction type sell on here. Thank you guys for being patient.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I will keep you guys up to date as this goes along. I'm really not sure how to price this Jeep and not really sure the best process of selling it. If we're unable to establish a fair price, I might set up an auction type sell on here. Thank you guys for being patient.

Thanks for bringing this Jeep to our attention! It is a very small and unique part of Scrambler history!

Just to be clear though, to sell an item on here, there needs to be a clear asking price. You can make that price "or best offer" but we do not allow "auctions" or "bids". If you want to sell it as an auction you will have to list it on a site like Ebay or GovDeals. Thanks!

aluke0510

Basic User
City
Arizona
State
AZ
So what is one of them worth. Only 1700miles and such a rare build that has got to be 30k or more?

Would be a perfect solo camping rig as is. Well add another full length storage box with a cushion on top in place of the stretcher. Could be done without modifying the historic nature of the vehicle.

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
So what is one of them worth. Only 1700miles and such a rare build that has got to be 30k or more?

Would be a perfect solo camping rig as is. Well add another full length storage box with a cushion on top in place of the stretcher. Could be done without modifying the historic nature of the vehicle.

It's too modified to bring 30k. It's good for a museum or parades. I don't think its worth more than 15k.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Haven't heard from the seller in a while. Have asked for any updates a few times now via PM. :shrug:

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Years ago before the inernet was big, there was just Jeep-L if anybody else remembers it, the local classified paper had an ad for an aluminum scrambler top with barn doors for $325. Stupid me never called about it, have always wondered what it was, maybe it was a horton top, it was in New Jersey somewhere.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Nice.. but you need to start building that super AMC museum. I need a place to hang out. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900

aluke0510

Basic User
City
Arizona
State
AZ
Years ago before the inernet was big, there was just Jeep-L if anybody else remembers it, the local classified paper had an ad for an aluminum scrambler top with barn doors for $325. Stupid me never called about it, have always wondered what it was, maybe it was a horton top, it was in New Jersey somewhere.

If I had to guess it would have been a postal top with rear door. These look to be a top that is welded and fully integrated. There is no seam visible behind the doors on this. Pretty cool how much effort and thought went into it. Definitely not a bolt up kit...

Edit, although I think that was steel? I have seen a cool custom pop-up camper made for a CJ8 before. Was pretty cool except if I remember right it weighed something like 800lbs...