• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Use or replace

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
I am going to make this post/response easy. Been some crazy stuff around the neighborhood lately. Lol

Use. Or. Replace. (I don't think I will be surprised)
:huh:

image.jpg

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I had CJ7 that a shop replaced the engine in and didn't install the alignment dowels/pins on the new long block. The bell housing eventually shifted causing the starter to chew up the fly wheel. It was a frustrating several months trying to figure out why. Shop said that they weren't responsible!

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
I have not gone through everything yet. The starter is new, the teeth look good. Never heard anything strange when it was running.. The dowels were seated. I was looking at everything today when it was coming apart. But it was obvious to me it was toast lol. Any input is welcome on what I might be missing. Been thinking about what could have done that without showing some wear. Unless.......it went in that way. I really don't think I would of let it go in looking like that...it's getting a new one anyway.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
Good thought... This rig will go to a new owner eventually...I am going with a new one I am thinking. Want to make sure this actual problem is eliminated for sure. If I bought this rig I would want no hidden gremlins.

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Good thought... This rig will go to a new owner eventually...I am going with a new one I am thinking. Want to make sure this actual problem is eliminated for sure. If I bought this rig I would want no hidden gremlins.

:thumbsup:

mssldn

Legacy Registered User
City
Gooding
State
ID
I've flipped one; Jeep wasn't mine however. I would replace because of the amount of work if it failed too.

That said the Jeep I did it on hasn't had a problem with it in the last 12 or so years since it was flipped.