• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

WANTED - Half Soft Top BOWS & Hardware

JCScrambler

City
Waxhaw
State
NC
Scramblerites,

looking for the complete set of bows for a half soft top. If you’ve got some of a set let me know. I’m 75% there... if you’ve got a full set.. let me know!

list of components I need:
1. (2) over door bars, run parallel to the rockers
2. (2) Door frame threaded dog leg edges
3. (2) Wind shield frame brackets
4. Ceiling cross bar

my nomenclature may be off but I haven’t found an old diagram, only pictures...

text or call is fine, (704) 608-8453

-PayPal ok
- will pay shipping
- any condition ok

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I have the windshield brackets that accept the square tube. They are cast in bronze rather than plastic like the originals.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Here are the windshield brackets I have cast in bronze. $68 shipped to you. I include shrink tubing for the ends of the square tubes so they won't squeak. Some tops take this type windshield bracket, some take the long plastic type with the round hole at the top. Make sure you get the right type for your top hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_0001 (6).JPG
    IMG_0001 (6).JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 8

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Those are beautiful Kim! Makes me wish i had a soft top just to have those on my frame.....

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Those are beautiful. I had a friend make these out of aluminum. Needed them for switching from soft doors to steel 1/2 doors with soft uppers, and back and forth as needed image.jpeg

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Those are beautiful. I had a friend make these out of aluminum. Needed them for switching from soft doors to steel 1/2 doors with soft uppers, and back and forth as needed View attachment 95145
Wow! A lot of work went into making those. I'm better at making the pattern for the mold to be made from than machining/welding.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yeah all I gave him was the long black plastic ones and told him kinda what I needed and that was what he came up with. He actually made these caps first from just giving him the plastic ones I have.image.jpeg

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Scramblerites,

looking for the complete set of bows for a half soft top. If you’ve got some of a set let me know. I’m 75% there... if you’ve got a full set.. let me know!

list of components I need:
1. (2) over door bars, run parallel to the rockers
2. (2) Door frame threaded dog leg edges
3. (2) Wind shield frame brackets
4. Ceiling cross bar

my nomenclature may be off but I haven’t found an old diagram, only pictures...
Here are some diagrams...
note that some of the parts for soft and hard doors are different.
Soft Doors.PNG

JCScrambler

City
Waxhaw
State
NC
Here are the windshield brackets I have cast in bronze. $68 shipped to you. I include shrink tubing for the ends of the square tubes so they won't squeak. Some tops take this type windshield bracket, some take the long plastic type with the round hole at the top. Make sure you get the right type for your top hardware.
What’s the cost shipping on those? I’m interested but want to get an idea of $$ for product versus $$ for shipping. Thanks!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
What’s the cost shipping on those? I’m interested but want to get an idea of $$ for product versus $$ for shipping. Thanks!
$8 small flat rate Priority Mail Box shipping. $30 each for the castings. My cost, $28 each.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
I have the front bow I had pulled from storage for someone else that ended up go a different route. $125 delivered in the continental US.

Attachments

• C086F214-8C8F-4B44-8CD9-083103BCF19C.jpeg
    C086F214-8C8F-4B44-8CD9-083103BCF19C.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Front and rear bows- and what I believe is the horizontal adjusting rods for a soft top model.

Attachments

• DAC02D5B-4846-45C0-9C76-C1263B4AF55D.jpeg
    DAC02D5B-4846-45C0-9C76-C1263B4AF55D.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 10

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Can't help you on that, I sold them with a half top 5 years ago or so, sorry. Might have another set in my other 1/2 top but that is buried in my basement, not sure if that has everything though.