• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Wheeling Friends in Need

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
Hello

I hope this will not get kicked out of the Forum ...:( but...

One of the members of The Georgia Bounty Runners www.gbr4wd.com , was
involved in a serious automobile accident on Tuesday November 6th. Robin
Payne fractured her skull, three vertebrae in her neck and T10 fractured ,
T11 was shattered and she has suffered a spinal cord injury as a result.
The spinal cord injury has left her Paralyzed from the waist down. We are
hopeful for some recovery of the use of her legs but regardless she faces a
long road to recovery that will involve 24 hour care for the next couple
months.

Robinís Husband, Ralph, is an Auto Mechanic by trade. Mechanics are paid by
the job, if they are not turning the wrench they are not making money. They
are a dual income family. For him to be by her side, where he needs to be,
he is not going to be generating an income to support his wife and two
teenaged children, Brannon & Brittney. Thankfully Robinís job did provide
insurance that will cover a lot of the medical bills. Our club is trying to
raise some money to help cover the loss of income while Ralph takes care of
Robin.
The Georgia Bounty Runners has set up a fund on Robinís behalf. If you have
it in your heart and can spare a few dollars it would be greatly appreciated
and go a long way in helping this family.

Check made payable to Robin or Ralph Payne can be sent here.

Bank of North Georgia
Jay Bird FBO Robin Payne
11 Piedmont Center
Suite 110
Atlanta GA 30305
Attn Susan Lane

We also have a Pay Pal acct set up in the Payne's name that donations can be
made through by the following link.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/busin...e=Robin+&+Ralph+Payne&item_number=Robin+Payne

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Letter written by Eric Hummel - GBR Membership Director elect.
Posted by Kristycj8-GBR member
On Behalf of the Georgia Bounty Runners Four Wheel drive club and the Payne
family.:)

Last edited:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Hi Kristy,
I don't see why this would be taken out..
I'll send some $ their way..
God speed for them & their recovery.

Last edited:

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Kristy-Help will be coming

Kristy,
I'll be sending something in the next week,I've ridden with the Bounty and they are a pretty good bunch of people,Our club meeting is next Tuesday the 12th and i'll pass the hat at the club meeting also to see what i can do.-JC:D

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
yes, I know them!

Ever since we joined the GBR, it has been a great experience. Talking about a tight community, I never experience such warmth and caring people.

We got to know the Payne family when Ralph Payne helped fix my steering shaft when I broke it at Beasley Knob! Ralph is a mechanic at Adams in Smyrna and Robin Payne, his wife is so caring and nice! They have 2 great kids, Brittany and Brannon.

The accident happened only 3 days ago and Ralph and the kids had been "staying" at the waiting room in Gradys.

The support from the GBR club and other 4 wheel drive clubs has been very overwhemling!! I'm very touch! If you all cannot help financially, please pray hard for her even if you are not religious!

Today, the doctor was sure that she will never be able to walk again, but we all don't believe that. I know the Payne family will never give up, we believe miracles do happen.

Thanks
Kristy;)

Slpbear

Wyoming Scrambler nut
In Need of help

Kristy I will also send money if I can and put the payen's in my prayers. Excellent job posting this story. God Be with the family. David "Papa Bear" Mc Ilrath

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
this needs to be kept alive

Ok guys lets keep this on top for a while these people need our thoughts and prayers.I know the holidays are coming,but instead of buying that 6-pack lets send the money where it will really do some good and hopefully make these peoples holidays a little better,they are in for a long uphill battle-JC

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
Thanks everyone! new update!

I have posted a link at www.gbr4wd.com about the Payne family!

http://www.gbr4wd.com/paynessite/paynehome.html

I will try to update Robin's progress everyday. She will be transferred to Shepherds today. Yesterday, they were supposed to tranfer her but while on the way, they suspected that she stopped breathing! so they had to rushed her back to ICU at Gradys ( 7th floor ). They did a check up on her and she is fine. Doctor don't know why it happened!

Over this weekend, Ralph ( her husband ) was able to do simple communication with her. She's still groggy most of the time but sometimes she can follow simple commands. Ralph was able to make eye contact with her, finally after 2 and half weeks!! He also tried to have her write on a paper but could not understand what she wrote.

Hopefully she will be transferred to Shepherds today.
Thanks for all your prays and concern!! I know Ralph will really really really appreciate that!!
Kristy:)

jeepsr4ever

Engine parts designer
City
White bear lake
State
mn
g

Good luck on the recovery, I will be sending some money, and a little prayer........ plus some christmas cookies...........

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
Thank You

Please go to: www.gbr4wd.com and click on "Payne Family" to read about the wonderful family and view the latest updates on Robin's Progress.

Thank you Everyone for your donations and prayers. I thank you all on behalf of the Paynes.

Kristy;)

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
Robin update

Hey everyone

I want to thank everyone for the support and prayers. Robin is doing really good. She has been moved to room 203 from Brain Trama Unit to the Physical Therapy Unit in the Shepherd Building.

We visit her at least twice a week. She has regained some of her memory and she is able to have a conversation with anyone with no problem. She remembered most of her family members and only some friends. She only remembered us as "someone that has gone to her house and helped Ralph worked on vehicles". So she has to know us all over again.

She is not wearing neck and body brace any more. She is eating solid food and drinking coke and sweet tea. She still has feeding tube in her becasue she is not eating enough. She is aware that she is paralysed from the waist down and she is taking it very well and not giving up. She has gained enough strength to be able to sit on wheelchair and she aslo felt tingling sensation below her waist.

She has a lot of support from her family and church! Her parents are hopeful that she will be able to walk out of Shepherds one day.

Please keep praying..
Thanks
Kristy:D

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
State
Tn
Thanks Kristy

That sounds good and encourging,keep us posted on how it's going with them-JC

Boomer

Iron Bender
City
Snohomish
State
WA
A nephew with whom I am very close was paralyzed from the chest down when he fractured his T4 - T6 vertebrae in an ATV accident a year and a half ago. He was 14 at the time. My wife, children, and I travelled down to Seattle to be with him in the hospital almost every day for 3 months.

It's a long road to recovery and your friend is going to need your love, patience, and understanding. She will have to relearn a lot of things and be taught new methods to accomplish others. It's amazing the simple, mundane things we totally take for granted until they're gone.

There are also a lot of various websites and online resources for people with disabilities. Good luck.

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
Thanks Boomer!

Thanks for the comforting words..

I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew.. paralysed at such a young age... I hope he's recovering well and adjusting to his new life?

Yes, it will be a long road to recovery for Robin.. It is amazing how one take for granted on simple tasks.. I saw how she has to relearn to focus her vision, to speak and to sit upright, to eat with a fork....

One piece of great new, for the past few weeks, she has made so much improvement that she maybe released from Sherpherds in mid Feburary... she gets to go home which she has been waiting for a long time....

We have gotton so much support from the 4x4 communties it's amazing!!

Thanks everyone!
kristy:)

kristycj8

grease girl
City
Douglasville
State
GA
update 1/25/03

Good news!!

Robin maybe released on the weekend of Feb 7th to go home for the weekend and if she keeps up her performance, she will be released for GOOD on the 13th of Feb!! Everyone in the famiy of couse where thrilled to hear this piece of great news!!

Pat of GBR who works in the Limo company is going to sent a limo on the day of her release to pick her up!

She is still confined to a wheel chair but she is in great spirit and has gain quiet a but of strength to wheel herself around. She still need to go to Sherpherds from 8am to 4pm everyday for Therapy for the next 6 months.

Again, thanks for everyone's support!

Kristy :p