• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Tierra del Sol on 5 & 6 March?

B

BritScrambler

Here we GOOOO !!!!! Tierra del Sol !!!!!!!!!!

So who's going to Tierra del Sol? John S (one of my Southern Cal Scrambler Buds) and I are going. Anybody else? I haven't been to it before but a friend tells me that "Thousands of Jeeps will be there!" REALLY? Sounds like a BLAST!

Tierra del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego 43rd Safari March 5th & 6th 2005...

Last edited:

lqCJ8

wheeler
City
La Quinta
State
CA
my family & I will be there . This will be the 3rd year in a row for us , 1st time with the scrambler

lqCJ8

wheeler
City
La Quinta
State
CA
Heres a little more info on the TDS area AKA Truckhaven

This is posted on several other boards

This is important for ALL people using the Truckhaven area for wheeling.
As you turn off of Hwy 86 onto N. Marina Dr. there's appx. 3/4 mile of
pavement before it turns to dirt. On the south side (left) of the pavement
are some old paved streets. That area is now under developement as a housing
subdivision and is **OFF LIMITS** to ANY camping/wheeling. Over Christmas/New Years
about 200 survey stakes were ripped out and it cost the developer a lot of $$$$
to replace them. At the present time the developer is "Pro 4x4", so let's NOT
screw this up by damaging the developement.

If you want to keep wheeling that area keep out!!!

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Good word JW...
z
lqCJ8 said:
Heres a little more info on the TDS area AKA Truckhaven
This is important for ALL people using the Truckhaven area for wheeling.
As you turn off of Hwy 86 onto N. Marina Dr. there's appx. 3/4 mile of
pavement before it turns to dirt. On the south side (left) of the pavement
are some old paved streets. That area is now under developement as a housing
subdivision and is **OFF LIMITS** to ANY camping/wheeling. Over Christmas/New Years
about 200 survey stakes were ripped out and it cost the developer a lot of $$$$
to replace them. At the present time the developer is "Pro 4x4", so let's NOT
screw this up by damaging the developement.
If you want to keep wheeling that area keep out!!!

B

BritScrambler

lqCJ8 said:
subdivision and is **OFF LIMITS** ...so let's NOT screw this up by damaging the developement. If you want to keep wheeling that area keep out!!!

Thanks for the heads-up John, my friend!

So far it looks like:
1) you
2) me
3) John S
4) Robert A
5) MAYBE Rob

...will all be bringing our Scramblers! John S is arriving a full day early (on Thursday, the 3rd) and has offered to "stake out" a brillant campsite / trailer / RV turnaround area. He will also be putting up signs that have arrows to direct the rest of us. The signs will say "SOA" of course. I will be bringing the SOA banner that I have on loan from our good Buds on the board and a table.

The TDS organizers have offered me a spot in a large tent so our table with banner can be properly displayed. I hear there will be "thousands" of Rigs that show up. This will be my first time for TDS, but I find it hard to believe it will have THAT big a turnout. Never-the-less I shall sit at our table and welcome any and all Scrambler friends and ask them to sign up to join our Southern California branch of SOA! I also have been invited (that is "we" have been invited) to join up with a group of folks in the Jeep business for a "better trail" while we are there.

Rob MIGHT be able to bring his Scrambler as well! This is gonna be a BLAST!

Last edited:
B

BritScrambler

Here's the current list of "Buds" that might be goin to TDS next weekend!
1) Me______________from Tustin Ranch
2) Michael F_________Manhattan Beach
3) John S___________Anaheim
4) Rob P____________San Dimas
5) Robin K___________Lake Forest
6) Robert ___________Foothill Ranch
7) John W___________La Quinta
8) John D____________Laguna Beach
9) Glenn M___________El Cajon

We will set up a table with our SOA banner and a clipboard to sign up fellow Scrambler owners. I also intend to print out a general flyer about SOA and our little gang in So Cal. We will share a tent with either CORVA and/or Friends of Mojave, Blue Ribbon Coalition. Pretty good company eh? We should be ready to set up on Friday about noon and then again about 2 - 3:00 on Saturday.

John (S) will "Mark off" our campsite when he arrives Thursday night (March 3rd). He will also put out signs for us to follow. I will arrive Friday (hopefully before noon) March 4th. Call us on your CB or Cell phone (yes there is coverage...at least on my TMobile and Verizon...I tested them there last Sunday). John (S) what CB channel should we tune in?

This is gonna be a B-L-A-S-T! :D

Last edited:
B

BritScrambler

Who's ready to chat over a cider?

This will be my first attendance at TDS and I was amazed to read that last year 10,000 Buds showed up with approximately 1,500 Jeeps!!

Gang, John S and I were not able to hook up for lunch today as planned and are meeting at my club in Huntington Beach at 6:00 tonight for a brew/cider (Skrumpy) and a bit of planning.

WHO WANTS TO JOIN US? I heard John S is buying the rounds!!! JK! lol! Anyway, you all should have my mobile number (see numerous email auto signatures).

Mark
Okay, here is the latest. The following Buds ARE going this weekend!

1) Me______________from Tustin Ranch
2) John S___________Anaheim
3) John D___________Laguna Beach
4) John W___________La Quinta
5) Robin K___________Lake Forest
6) Glenn M__________El Cajon
7) Robert ___________Foothill Ranch

Still have not heard confirmation from the following Buds!
1) Michael F_________Manhattan Beach

Last edited:
B

BritScrambler

We will be using CB Channel 23 this weekend! Tune in and give us a shout as you arrive for directions to our campsite.

B

BritScrambler

Well our "GOOD BUD" Michael cannot make it this weekend, so it's "us seven!"

THIS IS GONNA BE A B-L-A-S-T! :D

B

BritScrambler

GSP Coordinates

I promised one of the guys that I would send out the GPS coordinates for the TDS Safari (aka "Truck Haven") location. Here it is:

N 33˚ 17.576'
W 115˚ 59.997'

This is gonna be a B-L-A-S-T! :D

B

BritScrambler

Time to PACK UP and HITCH UP! Leavin in the mornin!!! :D

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Mark you and all our Scrambler buds and budesess have a great safe and sane weekend. Many of us including me would love to be hangin with ya'll the next few days.... I've been to 4 TDS adventures back in the 70's and 80's and they were all a total blast. The first one in 71. I think if I remember right they had close to 400 jeeps attend even 35 years ago..

Thanks for representing the SOA while your out there. Makes me think we need to put together some promotional pieces that can be handed out in situations like that... (you probably have already thought of that). As our dear brother Eric would say right about now... "be sure you get a gazillion pictures" :p
Safe travels to you all,
z
be sure to give everyone my greetings :p
I may try giving you a call...

B

BritScrambler

WOW! WHAT A B-L-A-S-T!

Mr. President, I regret that we missed your call but understandably mobile reception "was a bit off." Make no mistake however, I can confidently say that our showing would make you proud! And "yes" your guess that I put together some promotional pieces was "spot on." I printed out the poster that we have hanging so proudly on the wall of the JeepsRUs lobby.

Gang, Officially nearly 1,600 Rigs registered for the trail runs (and raffle prizes). Although MANY others participated. I know Zero has attended a few times but this was my first experience at TDS and I had a BRILLANT time! This 10,000 + population sprang up in the middle of the Wild West dessert (Salton Sea, "Truck Haven" area) on Friday, and by Sunday evening it was like it had never been.

Scrambler representation was great! We had no less than T-W-E-L-V-E CJ-8s /wheeled by Scrambler Buds!
forum

This photo (above) shows a very small part of the campsite from a plateau above.

Weekend1.jpg

0800, 5 March and the 43rd Tierra Del Sol Safari (Trail ride) "is off!" This is my Red Coloured Rig. "YES" I really DO get it dirty!!!! :p

forum

We had a GREAT booth location in the presenters/venders area, immediately adjacent to the TDS Registration booth! I "signed up" 4 new SOA members and many more potential Scrambler owners took our poster with contact information!

Weekend5.jpg

On Sunday we joined up with some friends and made NEW TRAILS! Above is one of the CJ-7s (down hill) who was trying to lead the way..."Should have let Glenn go first! Then MAYBE he wouldn't be winching you out right now!" :eek: (the CJ-8 had to circle up to the top and make a new trail down in order to pull the 7 out...ummm...that is "UP!"

forum

Here's a photo of Glenn and his rig that I posted previously. Glenn says: "if you tip this picture to make the trees straight you will notice that the angle actually puts the jeep more on its side leaning into the drivers side of the hill... makes it even more interesting. The only reason the picture was taken like that was that my wife had nothing to hold on to and was being held by a friend on the side of the hill. It took her longer to get into position to take the pictures than it did to climb the hill."

Weekend6.jpg

Okay WHO is REALLY observant? WHO noticed Felicia's (Glenn's lovely bride) SOA Tee Shirt in the back of Glenn's 8? Here is a close-up for the rest of you!

forum

Here is lqCJ8's

forum

Well most of our SOA Gang departed Sunday morning before I could "round em up" for this photo shoot. Left to right are: Me (BritScrambler), Robert (rameeti), Glenn (BE4HMR), and John (Tuffy). Not picture, but also "with us" was John W (lgCJ8), Kory (RockJeep), Dan (CJays8), Robin (Robink), John D (BillyBooster), Josh (New Scrambler friend), Bill (New Scrambler friend), Manuel (New Scrambler friend), and Craig (New Scrambler friend). Out of the picture, to the right is Robert's Red (with "flamed hood") 8 - Sorry Robert...and Robin, who is taking this photo.

Last edited:

Truck

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Manassas
State
Va
Looks like ya'll had a grand ole time Brit..

Truck

lqCJ8

wheeler
City
La Quinta
State
CA
I only have 1 pic from TDS , right now . Still waiting for more to be emailed
tds-1.jpg

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Great Job!

Mark great job!..............Great pics and looks like it was a ball!........Thanks for all your hard work on getting this and other events going in your area.....AWSOME JOB!-JC :D

rockjeep

Jeep abuser
City
Big Bear
State
ca
We had a blast there. I've been going for 17 years now. I meet britscrambler and another in camp sat night. I was driving the tan scrambler on 37" claws and a full top. Saw some other great looking scramblers there this year. was nice to see people using there scramblers for trail rigs again.
Kory

B

BritScrambler

mulescj8 said:
Mark great job!..............
Thanks JC! NOW if I could JUST get a Western location for the 2006 National??? Hmmmmm...THIS place works for 1,500 Jeeps! What about a few dozen Scramblers???? HMMMMMM????

rockjeep said:
We had a blast there. I've been going for 17 years now. I meet britscrambler and another in camp sat night. I was driving the tan scrambler on 37" claws and a full top. Saw some other great looking scramblers there this year. was nice to see people using there scramblers for trail rigs again.
Kory
Thanks Kory! Your tan 8 looked GREAT! I need your help with the "SNOW RUN!" Watch for my email with details Bud! :D

forum

This is our Scramber Bud, BillyBooster (aka John D)! Nice shot John! :eek: I see your Bud with the Wrangler isn't TOO HAPPY that you are towing him over the edge!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D This photo OBVIOUSLY needs a caption....Ideas?????

Last edited:

billybooster

Basic User
City
Laguna Beach
State
CA
So, 14 beers later I decided to try a new trail - a vertical 9 foot drop. You can see that the roof actually came off, popped its rivets and I sat looking over my tire over a drop. My bud was concerned that I might have lied about having a SOA plus 4" Spring and 3" body lift. Those 33x12.50 look small dont they! So....the caption...."When you get out, use the other door...slowly"