• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

“Queso” 2023 Gladiator Build

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Here is the front frame horns before and after removal. The basically hangs down to hold lower factory skid that protects sway bar disconnect motor that I did the flip modification to gain clearance
IMG_4824.jpegIMG_4825.jpegIMG_4825.jpegIMG_4835.jpegIMG_4822.jpegIMG_4823.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: SKT

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Front bumper lights mounted. The 6” spots are reaching out and the 4” driving fill gap on outside. The A Pillar side shooters floods are side light to see ditches. Still need to solder all the wires.

IMG_4898.jpeg

IMG_4899.jpeg

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
More lights and wiring and wiring and wiring… just in bed are six circuits, left scene, right scene, tail gate lights, cargo lights, red tailgate map light, and Power Switch Pro. Later will be chase lights and rock lights.

IMG_4917.jpegIMG_4918.jpegIMG_4919.jpeg

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
When we bought Queso it had all the options we wanted but the hard top. FB had a local hard top come up and we traded soft top for hard top in a distribution center parking lot.

IMG_4925.jpeg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
What was the tap on the hole in the swaybar disconnect for? Bumper pick up that hole?

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
What was the tap on the hole in the swaybar disconnect for? Bumper pick up that hole?
It’s referred to as swaybar flip, the rotation gains a few inches. Remove a bolt and rotate swaybar motor, tap, add new bolt. The factory bumper has a lower skid to protect the swaybar motor. This modification allow that skid to be removed or use a tight clearance front number.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Wiring Switch Pros complete, for now, all working and even make an app to control lighting. Up next will be Redarc and battery system.

IMG_4936.jpegIMG_4948.jpegIMG_4940.png

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Is there a physical on/off switch for the switch pros? I have another vendor’s Bluetooth switch setup on my camp trailer and found that it occasionally would turn lights on by itself during the night. I added a power switch to the feed to it to turn it “fully” off. I figure it something specific to the one I have but just an fyi.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Is there a physical on/off switch for the switch pros? I have another vendor’s Bluetooth switch setup on my camp trailer and found that it occasionally would turn lights on by itself during the night. I added a power switch to the feed to it to turn it “fully” off. I figure it something specific to the one I have but just an fyi.
I used one of the switches as Power switch, enabled “auto shut off” timer and it has a low voltage cutoff. I may add on final battery a master cut off.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Gladiator electric brakes work, thinking of adding airbags in rear…

IMG_4977.jpeg

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
That's a toolbox full of skills you got there. Pretty handy! Looks great and hope to see it in person someday.