1984 SL Restoration

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Looks like he should be able to keep up with traffic with pedals and an engine. It's the brakes I'm wondering about. :popcorn:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
How has it done towing a scrambler?

My wifes 3.6 GC trailhawk does just fine with the 8 spd trans; so I'm guessing the Glad does also....

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
How has it done towing a scrambler?

My wifes 3.6 GC trailhawk does just fine with the 8 spd trans; so I'm guessing the Glad does also....
I have not towed with it yet, I have only put 275 miles on my Gladiator so far. The weather has been nice, been driving Scramblers/CJ-7 :thumbsup:

As for towing, I didn't buy the Gladiator as a "tow rig", but I am sure in a pinch, it would do OK :shrug::fingerscrossed:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
So, went to JeepAddicts, got some work completed on his long stalled out 84 SL project. Mainly, a bunch of easy/big stuff so he can more easily transport it to my house so I can finish it up.

Body mount bolts
tail gate and associate parts (all Tommy)
roll bar and under body roll bar/floor board brackets
bulkhead (all Tommy)
dash board
windshield (all Tommy)
under dash pedals/brackets/steering column/steering shaft
front fenders and associated braces
front grill and radiator
hood and hood struts/hold open rod

Not a whole bunch, but considering we spent half a day digging the Scrambler out, looking for parts, clearing off space around it, and a whole day going Jeep hunting, not too shabby.

Finding parts/pieces/hardware will be the biggest obstacle to finishing this project. Not obtaining the parts, but finding them in the warehouse.

Getting started, clean space around the Jeep, tools/parts laid out on tables:

20200501_162143.jpg

Tommy died in the parking lot painting the bottom of the roll bar feet:

20200501_162149.jpg

How I left it Sunday afternoon, looks a bit more like a Scrambler again:

20200503_154041.jpg

I left Tommy a list of parts/pieces to find. That is his homework. But I think his newest blue Scrambler is a distraction.

Anyway, he is supposed to find a bunch of stuff, throw it in the Scrambler, drag the whole thing to my house so I can put it back together. Besides reassembly, it needs a good bit of mechanical maintenance, too.

Next picture should be of it heading to my house :crazy::eek: