• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2020 Scrambler Owner Association - National Scramble - Rausch Creek, Pine Grove PA

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
I'd love to attend this Scramble, especially since it's the closest it will likely ever be to my location. It was a bucket list item for me. Unfortunately I'm Jeepless and haven't been able to find a decent Scrambler in realistically years of looking. I guess maybe in another lifetime. I suppose I will have to settle for living vicariously through pictures taken by BW and stories that will be retold by CB and JJ based on their adventure. Best wishes to all that are attending, sounds like a lot of fun.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I'd love to attend this Scramble, especially since it's the closest it will likely ever be to my location. It was a bucket list item for me. Unfortunately I'm Jeepless and haven't been able to find a decent Scrambler in realistically years of looking. I guess maybe in another lifetime. I suppose I will have to settle for living vicariously through pictures taken by BW and stories that will be retold by CB and JJ based on their adventure. Best wishes to all that are attending, sounds like a lot of fun.

You still have some time to find one.

Heck, depending on what I find out about my timing on my Scrambler today, I may be looking for a new motor or doing a rebuild. Fingers are crossed that it is not dire, but I may need to find a new DD sooner than I had planned.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You still have some time to find one.

Heck, depending on what I find out about my timing on my Scrambler today, I may be looking for a new motor or doing a rebuild. Fingers are crossed that it is not dire, but I may need to find a new DD sooner than I had planned.
Sounds like Big Horn time with a Hemi to me.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI

I know of a number for sale of all types on here and elsewhere :shrug: you still have months...

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
Oh man. Like the above, probably will never be closer to me again. Gonna have to buy a full soft top before then, now that I have a back seat.

Unless I don't take the kids, and take the seat out . . .

I'm almost certainly in.

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Don’t think you have to have a scrambler to enjoy this event. There are always empty seats and the experience is well worth it even if you don’t have something of your own to wheel. I speak from experience ?. Take the time and come.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
I'll probably take this whole week off. I'll be camping at Echo valley. There are 3 primitive spots that are right by the creek. For events like this they usually reserve all three together. I'll be in a Cj-7 with a M-100 trailer. I bring a camp shower / changing room along with a tent and a screened room for over a picnic table. I can bring another tent if needed.

If your interested in camping there I can dig up some pics. I like it there. There's a nice pool and bathhouses as well. If anyone's interested just let me know drop me a pm.

Pete

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
No cj8 will be done by then. But my 1970 cj5 will be. I might have to come down, even without my Srambler. The little woman is not into tenting, but if she stays home, I might bring the m416 and join you.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Mind if I cross post this? May end up with more SWB Cjs but if so we could always break off in another group.

Anyone coming to the National event has to be with a member. The idea is it’s one friend of an attendee deal. You definitely want to get with the board because this is a Scrambler event and the activities are based on Scrmabler owners. In other words, speaking from my experience when I was on the board and in no official capacity, I don’t think we want a pack of non-Scrambler folks from some outside organization. The board has enough on their plates running the event for the Scrambler folks. IMO.

If they happen to be at the park the same week, that’s one thing, but I wouldn’t want them thinking that they’re getting in on any of our organized activities/dinners.

again, just my unofficial two cents

edit: also leery of promoting our event to non-scrambler folks and having them take up camp spots and such, excluding Scrambler folks from being able to get them.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Anyone coming to the National event has to be with a member. The idea is it’s one friend of an attendee deal. You definitely want to get with the board because this is a Scrambler event and the activities are based on Scrmabler owners. In other words, speaking from my experience when I was on the board and in no official capacity, I don’t think we want a pack of non-Scrambler folks from some outside organization. The board has enough on their plates running the event for the Scrambler folks. IMO.

If they happen to be at the park the same week, that’s one thing, but I wouldn’t want them thinking that they’re getting in on any of our organized activities/dinners.

again, just my unofficial two cents

edit: also leery of promoting our event to non-scrambler folks and having them take up camp spots and such, excluding Scrambler folks from being able to get them.

Gotcha. Makes sense. Pretty much why I asked. I imagine it'll be pretty busy. One trail I recommend to stay away from is the BMJA trail. It has a spot that isn't very Scrambler friendly. You come down an incline into a really flat wet area. It's a definite tail dragger area and your going to have to be lifted pretty high or bobbed to not get stuck and even possibly take some damage in that area. Really narrow tight turn areas as well. I think it's only rated a light blue trail but it just wasn't cut with Scramblers in mind.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
To expand on that a bit this was years ago , not sure if it changed as the park has really grown since last time I was there.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Certifiable Jeep aka Craig and I
Conducted a short kickoff planning meeting to attend the national together in one or more Scramblers at the Jersey Jeeps compound Columbus Day weekend. He is working on the wife pass and I am working on the subject Scramblers. Second meeting will be Super Bowl weekend or prior.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Certifiable Jeep aka Craig and I
Conducted a short kickoff planning meeting to attend the national together in one or more Scramblers at the Jersey Jeeps compound Columbus Day weekend. He is working on the wife pass and I am working on the subject Scramblers. Second meeting will be Super Bowl weekend or prior.

Is this an open door meeting or would one have to get a invitation to attend ? Superbowl weekend......you knows us Pat fans are going to be pretty busy that weekend.........?