• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2020 Scrambler Owner Association - National Scramble - Rausch Creek, Pine Grove PA

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
The county where Rausch Creek is just had the stay at home ordered /only essential businesses open exended to June 1 FWIW.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The National was cancelled, same location for 2021. I have nothing to do with this or the board, only posting because no one shared the decision here.

national 1.jpg

National 2.jpg

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
It isn't surprising with all the confusion out there, but it is good that it will be in the same place next year for us East Coast people.

cb
Dang it! Craig maybe I'll see you on the vintage run in NH.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Thanks for letting us know Eric. I was coming in to see if a decision was made. Now to call the hotel

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
I was really upset that I couldn't make it this year since it's close to me but on a positive note I'm definitely gonna make it next year and meet everyone finally in person after enjoying this forum so much!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Sounds lousy but this works for me. Hurt my knee at work in November, surgery beginning of March, still not right and I have done zero to my Scrambler(or anything else) since then. Extreme skeleton crew at work, best I could have done is get to the gathering at 6pm one night to meet everybody for a few hours then head home. See y'all next year?.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Sounds lousy but this works for me. Hurt my knee at work in November, surgery beginning of March, still not right and I have done zero to my Scrambler(or anything else) since then. Extreme skeleton crew at work, best I could have done is get to the gathering at 6pm one night to meet everybody for a few hours then head home. See y'all next year?.

suck man. Sorry to hear that. Feel better!

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Thanks! Swelling won't go down in knee, tests show nothing. Surgeon/DR (with 25 years experience)has no clue why.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Thanks! Swelling won't go down in knee, tests show nothing. Surgeon/DR (with 25 years experience)has no clue why.
Sounds like time for at least a 2nd or 3 rd opinion and no wasting time. Life is short and time is burning my friend !

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just want to throw this out, we have the annual Sandblast Scramble that is held in Mears, Michigan at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV area that's slated for July 25- Aug 2. The "big weekend" is the second of those weekends, we just had so many people who were adding to the long weekend and turning it into a week-plus family vacation that we started throwing together a week of activities. (My family is up there even longer and @MrBeep also is up there longer)

This "event" isn't really an event, there's no fees or anything, just a set of activities you can choose to do or not as you like and it will be "on" as long as the Dunes are open.

If folks are looking for an alternative and the state allows the dunes to open (June 3 currently) and stay open, this could be a great option.

Here's the thread for this year's schedule, planning, info, etc and it links back to past years' threads:
https://www.cj-8.com/threads/sand-blast-13-7-25-to-8-2-2020.50360

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Just want to throw this out, we have the annual Sandblast Scramble that is held in Mears, Michigan at the Silver Lake Sand Dunes ORV area that's slated for July 25- Aug 2. The "big weekend" is the second of those weekends, we just had so many people who were adding to the long weekend and turning it into a week-plus family vacation that we started throwing together a week of activities. (My family is up there even longer and @MrBeep also is up there longer)

This "event" isn't really an event, there's no fees or anything, just a set of activities you can choose to do or not as you like and it will be "on" as long as the Dunes are open.

If folks are looking for an alternative and the state allows the dunes to open (June 3 currently) and stay open, this could be a great option.

Here's the thread for this year's schedule, planning, info, etc and it links back to past years' threads:
https://www.cj-8.com/threads/sand-blast-13-7-25-to-8-2-2020.50360
Hey Eric, is this still going to happen? We are thinking about coming up for it, but hear that you usually have to reserve a camping spot 6 months or more in advance. Before I get too crazy digging into it, I just want to make sure it is still happening.

Thanks! Jeff

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hey Eric, is this still going to happen? We are thinking about coming up for it, but hear that you usually have to reserve a camping spot 6 months or more in advance. Before I get too crazy digging into it, I just want to make sure it is still happening.

Thanks! Jeff

Yes. I was able to get a second campsite just a couple weeks ago and there are plenty of places to stay outside of the one “main” campground regardless. It would be great to see you up there.