• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2020 Scrambler Owner Association - National Scramble - Rausch Creek, Pine Grove PA

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yes. I was able to get a second campsite just a couple weeks ago and there are plenty of places to stay outside of the one “main” campground regardless. It would be great to see you up there.

The dunes are set to open now on June 13 and I fully expect that one will stick now that the stay at home order is lifted.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
This is right after the Bantam Jeep Festival which is June 11-13. If you are coming from far, might be cool to hit both of them. I have never been to the Bantam show unfortunately.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Mixed emotions.. Wow, :P so close! I've never wheeled Rausch creek & it's High on the list! & so is a Nat'l cj8 meet!
Sigh, I doubt my 8 will be ready by then :cry:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Mixed emotions.. Wow, :P so close! I've never wheeled Rausch creek & it's High on the list! & so is a Nat'l cj8 meet!
Sigh, I doubt my 8 will be ready by then :cry:

That shouldn't stop you from coming. Get up there and hang out and ride along with folks. You can't miss the opportunity.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
That shouldn't stop you from coming. Get up there and hang out and ride along with folks. You can't miss the opportunity.
True.. Maybe I can provide support somehow like a base camp radio or something?
Do you all use GMRS radios? The 2021 fee is dropping from $70 to $35, btw........

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
True.. Maybe I can provide support somehow like a base camp radio or something?
Do you all use GMRS radios? The 2021 fee is dropping from $70 to $35, btw........

Many of us use those, but there will be all kinds of passenger seats you can grab (covid concerns would be the only issue I guess.)

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
Hmmm . . . . I've got a buddy in Maryland with an Ultra4 car (among a few other offroad vehicles) that he's raced at KOH, and he somewhat regularly wheels Rausch Creek. I flew back in 2011 to help his racing partner for a KOH qualifier at Rausch Creek. There's no way I'd be able to drive the Scrambler across the continent for this one event, but it might be a good excuse to get back to the east coast to visit if he and I might be allowed in a non-Scrambler.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Hmmm . . . . I've got a buddy in Maryland with an Ultra4 car (among a few other offroad vehicles) that he's raced at KOH, and he somewhat regularly wheels Rausch Creek. I flew back in 2011 to help his racing partner for a KOH qualifier at Rausch Creek. There's no way I'd be able to drive the Scrambler across the continent for this one event, but it might be a good excuse to get back to the east coast to visit if he and I might be allowed in a non-Scrambler.

Absolutely! We almost always have a non-Scrambler or two in there. You just have to be a member or be “invited” by a member.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I'm hoping one will be ready by then. More than likely the CJ6

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
The Sunday of the bantam event is also the Willy's picnic right down the road. That could be one monumental week. I don't think all three events have ever been done by any human. Might have to be the first. Bantam is cool.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Great Willy's picnic I think this year is the 13th.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
11-12 Bantam. 13th GWP, 14-15-16 Rausch Creek. What could possibly be better. I gotta get that jeep done now.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
And 25-26-27 I'm hosting a NEWJO event here at the farm. Busy month for sure.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Hmm, maybe I'll rent a jeep & get the extra coverage 8-):ROFLMAO:

Mike, I couldnt help but notice your license plate...is this the same one that you (if this is same you :) )that you rolled I have that pic forever etched in my brain, had to be 20 years or so ago...it was an '85 also IIRC

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
I curious. If I registered for 2020, paid, and let you guys keep my payment to roll over to this years event, do I need to register again, or am I all set for 2021?

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
North East Willy's Jeep Organization .

Just a group that likes to get together and wheel. Mostly in NH but this year I'm having them come down to Mass. For a weekend. We are camping in my fields and wheeling for two days here in western Mass. There might be barbeque and campfires involved.