• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

47 CJ-2a

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I just wanted you guys to see my almost finished 2a build which was consumed over 3 years so far. Just so you knew why I have not started or finished my Scrambler, which is close to starting. This project started off as a mild restoration with a little lift and some 31X15;00 shoes. Well it evolved magically in my barn over the last couple of years into a 4.3 Vortec with Sanderson shorty headers, converted to Multi port fuel injection, T-15 tranny, Dana 20 twin stick with Terra Low and Saturn Overdrive, Dana 30 front with 12 inch disc's and Lockrite, 11 inch rear drums, PS, PB with drop pedals, Dana 44 offset, (1970 1/2 year) with Eaton E-locker. 2 1/2 inch military wrap springs with rears springs on all four corners. 1 inch body lift, 1 inch confer shackles, 15 gallon frame mounted tank, homemade bumpers, including my home built swing tire carrier. There is more, but don't want to bore you, oh yeh, 1/4 inch belly pan, well you get the gist. Early 8274.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0010.JPG

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Looks great and like it would be very fun to own.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Really clean lines. I like the way the roll bar/cage blends in like it belongs. 1947 was a good year . . . that's my year, too.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Craig, I'm thinking about same color on the Scrambler, seeing as its green now. I have to take a few pics today if the sun comes out. I might popped the M416 into the barn today and take it apart to have it ready for this 2a. That's also going to be the Tank green.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I normally like all stock Willys, but I have to say that one is very well done. Looks nice and I'm sure is a super capable Jeep.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You built my flatfender! :eek: This is exactly what I want to have someday in terms of overall stance, tire size, and general look. Awesome! :bow:

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Thanks guys. Yeh as time went by, I had a couple of different axle combo's and smaller tires, But last winter I decided, if you have this much time into, you might as well build it the way you really wanted it, instead of settling on OK stuff. I know a Dana 44 and 30, are not the toughest axles and the 4.3 is not as strong as other motor's, but it exactly the way I wanted it, because I know I can make that combo, do what ever I wanted it to do and be street-able and highway capable, but drop the terra low in with 427 gears and slowly go where I need to. Wish it had a bigger dash, I would have a large screen GPS/radio, but maybe in the scrambler. I actually had the entire Jeep painted Cat. yellow last year, then saw a Unlimited with that 2015 Jeep Tank Green and I had to start over. One of my buds on another site asked me why I kept the 8274 Cat. Yellow and I told him I had to have something to show for the money and time it took to paint it entirely in Cat. yellow. I have a picture of it outside this morning in the sun, looks awesome.

IMG_0012.jpg
IMG_0013.jpg

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Harley Springer, the Rock guards are actually for a TJ, but I cut em, bent em and put em back together to make them my very own. I really love the way they came out and would definitely do that again. A little pricey, but man they look like they were made just for that Jeep. You'll notice they go under the little step.

IMG_0015.jpg

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
This is how it started life here four years ago. Right after this picture was taken, I was pulling trees out into the pasture to cut up (Cause I could) and I was bouncing down some ledge and my pedals started to freeze and I had a hard time steering. When I got out into the pasture I found that I only had one body mount left and the tub had shifted to the right about 9 inches. So I thought it was time to give it some love.

DSC02390.jpg

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Harley Springer, the Rock guards are actually for a TJ, but I cut em, bent em and put em back together to make them my very own. I really love the way they came out and would definitely do that again. A little pricey, but man they look like they were made just for that Jeep. You'll notice they go under the little step.

View attachment 59180

That is SICK! Freaking brilliant! I was admiring them in the other pictures, trying to blow up the photos to see them. :bow:

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
This build is fantastic!

I think most of us have a "someday" flat-fender build in mind... this one represents the paradigm "resto-mod" I'll be shooting for...! :thumbsup:

hdspringer99

Basic User
City
Pinckneyville
State
IL
Nicely done! If you don't mind, I may borrow that concept for a few on my end. Targeting the '82 Scrambler and a '52 CJ3A.

masscj2a

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
OK, but remember, every time you use my concept, you will have to buy me a beer, if we ever meet..............:cheers: