81 Scrambler "parts Jeep"

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Me and a buddy "bed lined" the inside of my half hard top and bulkhead this morning. It is some kind of aftermarket fiberglass deal - the outside had a nice finish but the inside was pretty rough.

[/IMG]

We also painted the outside - was shooting for "nutmeg" looks cool to me - hope it looks good on the jeep.:fingerscrossed:

[/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Oh yeah - A guy offered to give me this jeep yesterday if I would just haul it off for him. :birthday:

I guess I will take him up on it for a future project. Any suggestions? It has a 6 cyl and stilll starts - he thinks there is a clutch linkage problem. Hope it's similar to CJ - it has a 4 speed in it. He said a tree fell on the back of it one time in a storm.

[/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Not sure if all four are there. I haven't gone back to check it out. My first thoughts were to chop the back off and make a scrambler out of it

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Anyone know the best place to get a set of these flanges to bolt up to the exhaust manifolds (camaro LS1)? I am not going with the cats, so a exhaust will dump into 2 magna flow mufflers and exit as dual exhaust.

[/URL][/IMG]

GOPBobby

BDuke
SOA Member
City
Cullman
State
AL
I don't know for sure but I think those Cherokee's are unibody so it will take a LOT of bracing to keep it structurally sound if you cut into the body :shrug:

Not sure if all four are there. I haven't gone back to check it out. My first thoughts were to chop the back off and make a scrambler out of it

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Yep. It's going to need all the "structure" it can get. The floor is seriously rusted out. If I can't figure out how to fix the transmission we could just go Fred Flintstone style.

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
cherokee floor board
[/URL][/IMG]

Got some nice parts for the scrambler project yesterday - went to parent's day yesterday in College Station so I always check out Craigslist before a trip. Got a dash pad and a spare tire carrier plus a spare tire for my other scrambler and a better radiator for less than 150 bucks. I also got 4 other chrome rims with the "jeep" hubcaps thrown in.

1st pic is of my girls at the maroon and white spring game (hard to tell which one is the student - one on the right is my wife - UT grad:thumbsup:)

[/URL][/IMG]

Guy was selling this scrambler in Caldwell, TX

[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Getting close on the engine installation. Got my computer re-programed and Keith got the fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel pump installed. Getting anxious :fingerscrossed:

I've been accumulating lots of parts to bolt on when I get it back. Looks like I have some extra stuff as well :shrug:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Getting close on the engine installation. Got my computer re-programed and Keith got the fuel tank, fuel lines and fuel pump installed. Getting anxious :fingerscrossed:

I've been accumulating lots of parts to bolt on when I get it back. Looks like I have some extra stuff as well :shrug:
You aren't really hoarding Jeep parts till you look around and think "I only need X and Y and I could build another Jeep"

Looks good! You got a steal on it!

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR

Awesome!

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
One more shot. Bought the winch at Harbor Freight for $299. Marked down from $499. Hope I never have to use it :shrug:

[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Got my scrambler back for a few days now. Still doing a little wiring. Need to finish the fuel lines, but should be starting it fairly soon. I put the bumper on yesterday and worked on wiring stuff today. I installed the seats. I think I will put the half top on and attempt to install the 3 point seat belts I bought tomorrow. Very excited to have something happening again! 😁