81 Scrambler "parts Jeep"

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Got a bunch done this week. Thought I would post a few pics:

Start with mounting spare tire. I will be glad to get some of this stuff off my shop floor 😁.
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Got some cool engine compartment stuff done. Wiring, air filter, radiator hoses, computer box mounted, TAC mounted, radiator overflow res relocated, heater hoses installed, blah blah blah
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Worked on seat belt conversion today. Swapped the lap belts for 3 point harness. Had to tap into the roll bar for the shoulder strap.
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Coming along. Got some stuff done today. Ran my new fuel lines and went to pick up my re-worked driveshafts. One had to be lengthened 2" and one shortened 2". Should get to work on remaining wiring stuff tomorrow.
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Not sure why that pic won't post. Try one more time here
[/URL][/IMG]

Also built a tool/gear box today for my Scrambler. I've been looking around, but none I've found would fit. So I made my own 😬.
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
Also got my fuel pump in Saturday but still waiting on a corvette fuel filter. Since my engine is a 2005 I need to use a filter with a built in fuel pressure regulator. The filter has two outlets. One goes to the fuel rail and the other dumps excess fuel (above 56 psi) back into the tank. This engine uses a in-tank variable on-demand pressure fuel pump so it makes things a little tricky for an in-line external pump. The pump is a Walbro GSL392 LPH. Plenty of pressure and volume.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
It’s been a while since I posted anything. It’s been over 3 years! I worked a bunch on this project and got frustrated. Everyone was encouraging, but when the Scrambler didn’t start I pushed it in the garage and it sat there. 3 years! Until one day my friend Jeff came by and said he needed a project and asked if he could try and work the bugs out of my wiring harness. No telling how many hours he spend testing wires and researching on the internet, but he figured it out! I now have a running, soon to be inspected 5.3 L swap Scrambler. Got my exhaust put on and ordered new tires today. So excited! FE8386AF-A111-498C-9B63-491DB280FE15.png

Bioyak

Basic User
City
Burnet
State
Tx
I’m looking for one of these (cheap! It doesn’t have to be pretty 😬) if anyone has an extra laying around. Lower cover for 81 CJ tilt steering column. FA72C15A-A1A1-45FB-8646-9DD229BCF3C9.jpeg

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
It’s been a while since I posted anything. It’s been over 3 years! I worked a bunch on this project and got frustrated. Everyone was encouraging, but when the Scrambler didn’t start I pushed it in the garage and it sat there. 3 years! Until one day my friend Jeff came by and said he needed a project and asked if he could try and work the bugs out of my wiring harness. No telling how many hours he spend testing wires and researching on the internet, but he figured it out! I now have a running, soon to be inspected 5.3 L swap Scrambler. Got my exhaust put on and ordered new tires today. So excited! View attachment 69157
What did it wind up being? A ground somewhere I assume?