• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

A Scrambler fell into my lap

AtomicYJ

Basic User
City
Battle Ground
State
WA
Hello all, my name's Danny and I ended buying a Scrambler in an odd way. I have a '71 CJ-5 Renegade II that I'm having restored. The gentleman doing the work on my 5 took a Scrambler in trade for some work. He called me to see if I knew anyone that may be interested in it and I said I would pending some picutres. Got them and ended up buying it.

It's a 1985 with 64k miles, an AMC 150, 4 speed manual which I suspect is a T-4, Dana 300, Dana 30, and AMC 20. I was told it's been sitting in a barn since the early '90s when the gentleman that owned it got sick and it got parked. For now I need to get it shipped to me. I intend to change all the fluids, do a tune up, some new tires, and drive it.

Attachments

• IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2113.JPG
    IMG_2113.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_2115.JPG
    IMG_2115.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_2132.JPG
    IMG_2132.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    IMG_2133.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 185

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
Hello all, my name's Danny and I ended buying a Scrambler in an odd way. I have a '71 CJ-5 Renegade II that I'm having restored. The gentleman doing the work on my 5 took a Scrambler in trade for some work. He called me to see if I knew anyone that may be interested in it and I said I would pending some picutres. Got them and ended up buying it.

It's a 1985 with 64k miles, an AMC 150, 4 speed manual which I suspect is a T-4, Dana 300, Dana 30, and AMC 20. I was told it's been sitting in a barn since the early '90s when the gentleman that owned it got sick and it got parked. For now I need to get it shipped to me. I intend to change all the fluids, do a tune up, some new tires, and drive it.
Sweet !!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Good find! There will be a lot of little odds and ends to replace, but it looks like you'll end up with a nice Scrambler! :thumbsup:

AtomicYJ

Basic User
City
Battle Ground
State
WA
Thanks all. I think I'm going to be very happy with it, even though I wasn't even looking for one.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
Vary nice start, good luck with it . I would clean it up, change the fluids and drive it.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Wher are you and where is the Jeep that you need to get it shipped to you?

AtomicYJ

Basic User
City
Battle Ground
State
WA
Lap feels great. I plan to just clean it, tune it, and drive it for now. Its currently in Kansas and I'm in Georgia

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Congrats. Very nice. After you clean it up, show pictures of the paint. Looks to be in great shape.

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
wow, looks like its in great shape! wish someone would call me and offer me one like that!