• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A Scrambler fell into my lap

Bobs85Reny

Legacy Registered User
Very Nice! Not many Garnet interiors around. Probably one of the rarest color interiors. I have an 85 cj7 with same graphics and interior.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
I'm in Thayer, Kansas. If it is close and I can help let me know.
If there is anyone coming east from Kansas, I will meet them in Indiana. I need to make a trip to Johnson City, Tennessee in the next week or two and can haul it to north Georgia if that would help.

by the way, WELCOME!

I appreciate all the offers for help. The jeep is near Manhattan, KS. It won't be making the move for at least two months because I'll be pcsing shortly and would rather ship it once.

I do have a couple of questions. The paint code is 4M which is charcoal metallic? I got a 1985 Jeep brochure, and charcoal metallic isn't listed as an option. The brochure also only lists the garnet interior available in the CJ-7 and not the Scrambler. Since this was AMC could this all have been special ordered?

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
I was told by the Teledo factory workers on the line the last 10 Scramblers off the line were charcoal metallic. I had one of them with the garnet interior. I'm 99.9% sure it was all factory. :wave:

Scramblin Man

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
I know of one other 85 8 that is factory charcoal metallic. That particular 8 is a late production 85. I believe charcoal metallic is listed as an 86 color but it did end up on some late 85 productions. Was told this by someone I consider a cj expert.

onesourcemike

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
I do have a couple of questions. The paint code is 4M which is charcoal metallic? I got a 1985 Jeep brochure, and charcoal metallic isn't listed as an option. The brochure also only lists the garnet interior available in the CJ-7 and not the Scrambler. Since this was AMC could this all have been special ordered?
I have a 85 with factory garnet interior!!

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
Just about anything is possible with AMC. I was at Western Hills Jeepin 1973 the day they unloaded a blue Comando with a 401 in it straight fropm the factory. I craweled under it to confirm it. It was sold to Big Ed Kincle from Indiana. :wave:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
Just about anything is possible with AMC. I was at Western Hills Jeepin 1973 the day they unloaded a blue Comando with a 401 in it straight fropm the factory. I craweled under it to confirm it. It was sold to Big Ed Kincle from Indiana. :wave:
How big was Big Ed, did he live up to his name?