• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

any fishermen on the board?

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Rub it in why dont you!!! :rolleyes: Nice striper congrats!:thumbsup:
Last one of those I landed was on a fly rod . . . now that was FUN!!!!

Later
Sean

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Very nice!

Gary R

Legacy Registered User
City
Arlington
State
TX
Yep! Tourney fish for LM bass. Wow! That's a helluva Striper!

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
woah... Is that sweat I see on your head :D

Yum ... :drool: Mesquite wood grill..... and that striper :thumbsup:

good catch !

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Major Jack

Legacy Registered User
City
Zillah
State
Wa
Up here in Alaska we call that "Bait". Just kidding, really nice fish. When I lived in South Carolina, I fished for stripers in the Santee Cooper. Never caught anything like that.

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Awesome fish man! Bass Fishing is my crack cocain! I have missed the bedding season here with the new baby at the house but you better believe that he already has his first fishing rod.

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Well since we are showing off!
Last summer.....now its on the wall!
5687706513_96ea85fa3d_z-1.jpg

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
Very nice! Jeeps and Bass fishing are my two favorite hobbies.

pcozad1

Legacy Registered User
City
Port Charlotte
State
Fl
The shark pic was right before he flopped out of my hands and started trying to eat my toes. I am just glad it wasn't on video because you would have heard me scream like a little girl.Every time I would jump he would snap where my foot was.

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
fshing is my number one hobby. I caught this striper last thursday night on smith mountain lake, va.

good pictures by all, keep 'em coming

Rock-N-Roll

Legacy Registered User
City
Colorado Rockies
State
CO
Sunrise at the dock......waiting for the fog to lift....enough to run on the water safely

forum

Caught, weighed, photographed and released - to catch another day

forum

Dick & Charlie's Tea Room/Fishin' Shack, (not mine)......check out the photo below this one and read the sign

forum

I thought this whole set up was a hoot - we had to stop, go back and take a picture.

forum

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Man i know that most fish are good straight out of the water but Spanish Mackeral going from the water to the fryer is hard to beat! My family used to vacation in Panama City Beach Florida every year and we got pretty big into pier fishing down there. When the spanish would run in the morning I would start cleaning about ten AM and my dad would fry them bad boys up with his "special" batter and home made hush puppies and cole slaw!!!! OOOOOOOOWWWWHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Smack yo mama good!

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Caddo Lake

Sunrise at the dock......waiting for the fog to lift....enough to run on the water safely

forum

Caught, weighed, photographed and released - to catch another day

forum

Dick & Charlie's Tea Room/Fishin' Shack, (not mine)......check out the photo below this one and read the sign

forum

I thought this whole set up was a hoot - we had to stop, go back and take a picture.

forum

I used to live on Caddo Lake, wonderful & mystic place.

Grew up bass fishing, I swap back and forth between Jeeps and big bass fishing as favorite hobby.
I'll try to get scan up of my biggest trophy bass 14.6
Picture taken with disposable camera with no flash.

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
That blue cat is huge.

Caddo Lake - mystic is a good choice of words. that place looks like something out of a movie. the sunrise picture, with the fog - man would I love to wake up to that every morning

Rock-N-Roll

Legacy Registered User
City
Colorado Rockies
State
CO
Caddo Lake it is!

Also one of my favorite lakes. Actually, you can't beat any lake in east Texas. That wasn't my largest fish, just found a few of Caddo and this was in there. I haven't fished there for 3 years but I heard the Salvina(?) - the floating weed.....has taken over the lake.

14.6 lb. largemouth bass? Did you put it in the share a lunker program? Contgratulations for sure. My largest LM bass is 12.7 oz. I am fortunate enough to have over two dozen LM bass over 9 lbs, weighed and released......all of them. I refuse to catch bass while they were on their beds.....just didn't think it was right or ethical. (I am not trying to start something, just stating my opinion.)