• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any Jeep pics you want to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I know its against the rules but this just parked next to my shop. I was amazed at the price tag..
bc8c2502b2c053535596dccfb825ded6-1.jpg
8c5723bdde308870aacaf46fd5d5b1c3-1.jpg

sent from my flaming samsung note7

Last edited:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Yep. $50K was too steep for me (it was $44ish in 2015) when we got our JKU. Crazy

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Just goes to show how the value of our dollar has fallen. Remember when a new car was -20k? Weren't first gen XJs and the like advertised as like $9999.00??
:(

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Just goes to show how the value of our dollar has fallen. Remember when a new car was -20k? Weren't first gen XJs and the like advertised as like $9999.00??

ummm...under $20K? My first brand new vehicle was under $3K...a VW camper bus complete with sink, refrigerator, bed, closet space, table, etc.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
ummm...under $20K? My first brand new vehicle was under $3K...a VW camper bus complete with sink, refrigerator, bed, closet space, table, etc.

Lol, that's true.
Do you remember what your Scrambler cost new?

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR

paperwork.jpg

paperwork1.jpg

Inflation is under control.......

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA

I think our XJ new in 86 was just under $12K

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO

Yeah.... not really. [emoji17]
I remember when I was a kid looking for my first Jeep I would cut out cool ones from the autotrader. This was early 80s and I thought anything over 2k was for rich folks. Haha. IIRC, my first Jeep (67 CJ5) was bought used for 700 bucks. My first Scrambler (85) was bought off the used car lot as a trade in in 1990. Paid something like 6700.00 for it I think.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Lol, that's true.
Do you remember what your Scrambler cost new?

I don't remember what I paid the first time I bought it. I wish I still had that paperwork. However, I do remember what I paid the second time around...and it was significantly more than I paid the first time.

Here is an excerpt from an August, 1981, article in 4W & Off-Road:

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
My first "Bramd New" vehicle was $1919.99. anyone know the year or model ?

MrBeeo off the showroom floor was $3288 April 27, 1973. :wave:

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
I remember going with my Dad in 1970, when he bought his first NEW truck. A 1970 Chevy C-10 4x4 with plow. Basic 307 4 speed, with brandy new plow. I was the power angle portion of that system. I got out and pulled the pin and moved the plow. $3200.00 bucks

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Given the types of vehicles made today, as well as the way society has generally changed overall... I wonder if stories like the few above will be repeated with future generations. [emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.