• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Baltimore Ed’s ‘02 Scrambler’ed Tj build

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Wow, that's quite an assembly. You sure put a lot of effort into that tonneau. Nice job.

When I had my TJ I built a fixed shelf attached to the wheelwells, made out of wood and covered with i/o carpet. I really liked it. I could securely store things under it and carry things or my dog on top of it when needed.back shelf.jpgIMG_0661.JPG

Last edited:

Baltimore Ed

Basic User
City
Aurora
State
NC
My goal was to put something together that was a truly lockable trunk area, a jeep or suv’s weakness. Anything can be defeated but I wanted to make the bad guys have to take as long as possible. Maybe they’ll get tired and leave my Tj alone.

Baltimore Ed

Basic User
City
Aurora
State
NC
Got Ripley back from my mechanic who installed 4 O2 sensors, an oil change and all the rubber bumpers inside of the springs. I’ve started working on the Cj hood latches. Got the bases built for the fender part but I need to measure a cj’s hood latches to get the height location of the hood part. The bases will be 1/4 inch aluminum plate, no new holes. They will be painted when I get the whole jeep painted next month. I also have to remove my flares before the paint goes on.

Last edited:

Baltimore Ed

Basic User
City
Aurora
State
NC
Going to try a pair of gmc truck hood hinges on my tonneau as the truck tonneau guy didn’t have the smarts to get the correct struts and didn’t mention hood struts or I might have investigated those. I found a couple of truck hinges so we’ll see how they work out.
CAA2FE25-4197-4485-873A-F2A0A5DB0E67.jpeg

Baltimore Ed

Basic User
City
Aurora
State
NC
Got my tonneau springs done but I've turned them around so the coils face the hinges. They’ve got plenty of lift, almost too much. Rather than a permanent mount for the lower arms I did a track for them to ride in so they can slide like my cover does. Need to throw some paint on them tomorrow. Working on my other hood latch and then I’ve got new ss outside door latches to wrestle with.

853C64A7-E3BF-4BC5-BEEF-4598E72C7A7D.jpegF191680E-1D45-4ABD-ACDB-22A1F5415DB9.jpeg0B463827-DBA3-4968-9266-1388B8D0307B.jpeg

Baltimore Ed

Basic User
City
Aurora
State
NC
Started installing my Cj ss cowl vent cover. I’ll have to fab up something to support the screen underneath the vent as the original one is too small to clear the screws of the Cj vent.