• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cj-8 not worth buying?

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
They just post this so they can buy them all for themselves. ?

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Funny article, as he notes reliability issues in the Scrambler but not the CJ5/7.

Now, I have seen the "don't buy" from an investment standpoint as some think the Scrambler market is too high already. I say look at the Bronco market and in my belief, there are a lot more Broncos driving around than Scramblers.

Flatie46

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
Russllville
State
TN
I would like to see what the author of that article drives? I would prob rather have my fingers slammed in it's door than drive it to work.

AtomicYJ

Basic User
City
Battle Ground
State
WA
My favorite part is the author used a picture of a Kaiser produced Tuxedo Park, and claimed AMC designed the CJ-5...only in made for 15 years before AMC bought Kaiser. Dude seems highly uninformed

Domin8

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Astoria
State
NY
Agreed with all the above, plus, isn't that a Buick pictured under the title of "Matador"?

43Duc

Legacy Registered User
City
Mission Viejo
State
CA
We had an AMC Eagle when I grew up in Colorado. My dad had a CJ-7 and he wanted a 4-wheel drive for my mom so he got her the Eagle wagon when it first came out. I recall it being a decent car w/ few troubles. We even drove it on family trips twice to Florida. My mom had a hard time getting it stuck compared to her cars before that. The article says they weren't trendy at the time, but there were a ton of them running around the mountain town I grew up in.