• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJLaredo's oil and volt gauges

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Finally someone is making somthing better .. might have to get a set..

Sent from my SM-N910P

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
I wish he would start making fuel and temp gauges !!!!!

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Oem
355acbba991110351ff6efe305b29c14-1.jpg

New
fd3588b1430b098ec3cefc7baa334b35-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P

Last edited:

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
I don't want to nit pick too much but they are still not exact. Font is very different among some other things. I could tell these from Oem's instantly. That being said they are better than omix and maybe they will get even better.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I don't want to nit pick too much but they are still not exact. Font is very different among some other things. I could tell these from Oem's instantly. That being said they are better than omix and maybe they will get even better.

Yep, not perfect for a true restoration, but good enough for a hunting Jeep that you want to look "correct", and a helluva lot better than the crown crap.

Wonder if these have metal or plastic housings? I had crown gauges in a jeep for a couple of weeks before I ditched them for used OEM. The white plastic housings lit up the whole floor at night from bleed through.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Agreed. And I am hoping that the internals are more reliable just that is worth the little difference in price. It sucks when you do a vortec 350 swap for a guy with hidden vintage air AC blowing through the speaker housings that level kinda build and he has to bring it back 3 times for replacing the crown oil gauge. Speedhut was just about 6 months arrival too late. :/

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Agreed. And I am hoping that the internals are more reliable just that is worth the little difference in price. It sucks when you do a vortec 350 swap for a guy with hidden vintage air AC blowing through the speaker housings that level kinda build and he has to bring it back 3 times for replacing the crown oil gauge. Speedhut was just about 6 months arrival too late. :/

I had the same thing happen with the fuel gauges...

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I just ordered the Speed hut gauges this week. I'm also running a Genright fuel tank with the YJ sending unit.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I have had great luck with the Mopar Fuel/Temp gauge combination, but they seem hard to find now.

The factory gauges in Josh's Scrambler and my green Scrambler are still working perfect :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed: