• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Custom tops for wangler half doors

Rubberhook

Basic User
City
N. Cape May
State
NJ
Hey guys!I just talked to a friend of mine who owns a canvas shop that does boat tops and between the 2 of us were gonna make a set that will fit perfectly to the scrambler hard top.Im gonna add a section of round bar to the exsisting frame and make it conform tight to the hardtop and he's gonna make some new skins. I've seen his work and i know he'll do a great job! Anyone who lives in a coastal area should have no problem finding a shop that will do something like this! All u inland guys I don't have a problem with u sending your frames to me and getting him to wrap them for u.Ill post some pics when im done and let u know what he wants for the job. Any input would be welcomed.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Hey Rubber,

How are you going to modify the frame? I had the sliding window uppers redone when I got my fast back top and the guy here did an amazing job covering them, looks 100% factory. However they will not fit my '81's hard top. Just curious how you will change the frame to fit a hard top.