• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

EBay eye poppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
It sold on Craigslist for $5800 or less on December 4th 2014. It was a great flip the guy did a really great job doing what it needed to look that way. :thumbsup:

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
O so it didnt look that good. Great job then. .. was this the one posted on the forum back then?

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
What did the seller do to turn it around like that? Inquiring minds want to know.

I think I might be familiar with this seller. Em and I went to a car show not long before we left CO, it was outside of Boulder. The guy - a private collector - had a hundred+ old vehicles all in close to pristine shape. It was a benefit show for the Boulder Humane Society, $5 entry fee or something like that. I'll have to dig around for pictures.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
It was really a good survivor. Just needed freshening up and the typical fender flare areas in the rear repaired. Can't really recall much more than that. It has great bones and an interior and and great history. Paint and body work is easy. It's that other stuff that is much harder. U can't just go buy a matching seat or a dashpad for these things anymore :)

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
What did the seller do to turn it around like that? Inquiring minds want to know.

I think I might be familiar with this seller. Em and I went to a car show not long before we left CO, it was outside of Boulder. The guy - a private collector - had a hundred+ old vehicles all in close to pristine shape. It was a benefit show for the Boulder Humane Society, $5 entry fee or something like that. I'll have to dig around for pictures.
That's probably the same guy who provided vehicles to Camp Jeep for display. A lot of nice stuff.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yeah that guy. I refrain from throwing names and pics around here to protect the innocent and the non Internet types :)

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Heck if I know. Sounds like you guys know more about these things than I do :) It was a top secret event - they wouldn't even tell people where it was until the day before so the location could be kept secret. He had all sorts of makes and models from the 1910s on up, a Delorean, batmobile, Jeeps, Pierce. Can't find pictures...they're on some card somewhere around the house.

Looking around the net - I don't think that was the guy. This was obviously a broader collection than he had.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yeah that's not the guy. That guy is the guy who is really only into jeeps and not all that other stuff that other guys are into. There are more of those guys out there. A guy I knew once knew a guy like that guy too.

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Yeah that's not the guy. That guy is the guy who is really only into jeeps and not all that other stuff that other guys are into. There are more of those guys out there. A guy I knew once knew a guy like that guy too.

:eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.