• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Extreme Group - SOA National Scramble 2014 - Coyote Canyon

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Extreme Group - SOA National Scramble 2014 - Coyote Canyon

One of the trails that are being planned for the Extreme Group will be `Coyote Canyon’.

Tentative plans are to run this trail first thing Friday morning May 9 and then hit close by Area BFE for the remainder of the day.

This trail is managed by the Moab Field Office (MFO) of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)). There limit (1) group of (7) vehicles max per day.
There is a non-fee registration/application process (which can be submitted 60 days prior at the earliest). We are required to supply the MFO with the license plate numbers of each vehicle in our group. We are allowed to list (2) alternate vehicles at the time-of submitting the registration. Only seven of the registered vehicles will be allowed to run Coyote Canyon on the date secured by the group.

This will be on a first come first served basis.
To get your name on the list you must first register for theNational Scramble, post in this thread that you plan to run this trail and email your tag # to: officers@cj-8.org

National Scramble registration link: http://www.cj-8.org/2012-national-scramble

Registration for Coyote Canyon trail cut-off will be Saturday March 8, 2014.

MFO Registration/application will be submitted to the MFO Monday March 10, 2014.

Please review the information below plus the BLM link to ensure you and your rig can meet the requirements before committing.
http://www.blm.gov/ut/st/en/fo/moab/recreation/motorized_routes/coyote_canyon.html

Extreme Group - Vehicle Requirements
The following outlines the suggested vehicle requirements for ‘Extreme’ trails.

Extreme:
This category is reserved for the most difficult obstacles/trails and is intended for hardcore drivers with a highly modified vehicle only! Extremely dangerous situations; maximum ground clearance, and lowest gears necessary. Body damage, breakage, and rollovers are highly possible/probable, if not guaranteed! It is STRONGLY recommended that Scramblers in this class have the following: Spare tire, jack, fire extinguisher, tow strap, tow points front and rear (no welded hooks), seat belts for all passengers, secured battery, first-aid kit, cb radio, a minimum of a 36" tire, two lockers required, roll cage and working winch required.

It should be noted that you should bring a rig that is in optimum operating condition. These trails WILL find the weak link in your Scrambler. If a condition exists in your Jeep that will cause an issue on the trail, please correct it prior to arriving in Moab. Additionally, bring appropriate tools, spare parts and fluids to maintain/repair your Jeep while on the trail or back in town. Moab does have a number of automotive repair facilities and parts stores but this won't help much if your rig is broke down 20 miles from town.

Please keep this thread on the topic of 'Coyote Canyon'

homerscj8

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Hartselle
State
al
Count me in. Watched several YouTube vids on this trail. Looks like a good one.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
BENEFACTOR
Lifetime Member
City
Cobourg, Ontario, Cana
State
da
I would be in if we didnt have to drive 1900+ miles to get home! :banghead:

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I would be in if we didnt have to drive 1900+ miles to get home! :banghead:

Well, in our own special way (read short bus), we are the extreme group:thumbsup:

You will probably have me beat on mileage again this year:cheers:

muddnutt

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Aztec
State
NM
I will be there all week and hope to get in on the Coyote run.

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
Looking at the video's looks like a great trail, wish I could be there to run it but I'm not going to be able to make the event:(

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Add 2 more Chance Higdon (Russel's son-in-law) and former SOA President Scott Mine

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
""""Body damage, breakage, and rollovers are highly possible/probable, if not guaranteed!""""

I'm out !

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Bump! Count is now at 6

Still trying to figure out how to get the buggies registered.

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
Lifetime Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
I agree wholeheartedly with you Chief.

Sent from my bla bla phone zero2wow ;-)

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Application for the permits has been submitted. Thanks Mike Westphal for handling this!

Kaiser8

Designer
City
Aurora
State
IL
We are good to go for Coyote! Got the permit and combination to the gate.
This is the trail, not very long but one hell of a good time.

Screen Shot 2014-03-26 at 3.58.42 PM.jpg