• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory Photo's Thread

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Very cool to see what accessories were available. Some I knew about, some I didn't. :thumbsup:

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That "Class II hitch" on the second to last page- anyone know what that fits? I have a NOS one here I'm looking to sell...

njrcj8

Basic User
City
ft. pierce
State
fl
That WAS a great stroll back in time. I remember all of my new jeeps ( one of our best friends owned a jeep dealership ) and all the cool accesories that I wanted but could not afford at the time. Thanks for the memories.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
crawl it ?

Here's a cool Warn 8274 ad from 1979 with a CJ winch mount...

I really like Warn Industries products and advertisements.
Ramsey touted themselves as work winches while Warn was looking good & hardcore playing.
(who wants to work....LOL.)

Never seen that ad before, someone do a click free.

That is rock crawling, before there was rock crawling.

Wonder if a linked & locked Scrambler could crawl it? :eek:

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I always liked this ad-

bbpjeep-1.jpg

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Music to my...eyes?

Nice one! Not sure why it makes me want to burst out into..."livin' on the edge"??? LOL!

Going Postal

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Corvallis
State
OR
As much fun as it is to see these it makes me feel old as hell when I realize I seen all these adds before when they were first in print.... Talk about a time warp.....

shadygrady76

Basic User
City
Suffolk
State
va
I just bought a '82 owners manuel for my jeep, 7.00 bucks off ebay! its a real one too, not a repro. I also bought a sales brochure from '82.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Keep it up guys, these are AWESOME!!! I need to dig out my mint 84 sales brochure to scan in.

:popcorn: :bow: :popcorn:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
OhOhOhohohohohoh....

I'm crying on my keyboard...
Can we have a belated moment of silence?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
My wife thinks that's what my back yard would look like if I won the lottery...and was single.:shrug:

bernd5179

Legacy Registered User
City
Wels
State
AU
Here are some pictures from the CJ-8 Wagon brochure, which was called CJ-8 Wagoneer in Austria. Quite interestingly several parts were manufactured in Austria it states like the spare tire carrier and the rear bumpers. This probably gave a huge boost to our economy back then. What I didn't know was that the World Cab was built of galvanised steel along with the doors, front windshield frame and fenders. They also say that there was an additional third front seat available making it possible to transport 8 passengers plus driver. Kind a crowdy.

Attachments

• CJ-8 Wagoneer.jpg
    CJ-8 Wagoneer.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 614
Last edited: