• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

FC 170 build, Brother of Stump Jumper

Craner8

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Orlando
State
FL
ZR The more I look at that truck the more I like it. Great stance, good looking, gonna be a fun build a watch --have fun.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
ZR The more I look at that truck the more I like it. Great stance, good looking, gonna be a fun build a watch --have fun.

I was going to work on it this weekend but plans have changed. I traded my ZR1 Corvette, my Hummer H1 and my Avalanche in on a new Chevy Silverado High Country and a Traverse for my daughter. So my two baby's are gone now but I still have the Stump Jumper and now the FC. I prefer built cars over bought cars anyway.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I was going to work on it this weekend but plans have changed. I traded my ZR1 Corvette, my Hummer H1 and my Avalanche in on a new Chevy Silverado High Country and a Traverse for my daughter. So my two baby's are gone now but I still have the Stump Jumper and now the FC. I prefer built cars over bought cars anyway.

Gonna miss the ZR?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Wow! Big changes over the weekend. I knew it was probably coming, but to hear you actually did it! Time to go All In on the FC!

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Subscribing to thread... looking forward following...

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Sounds like to me you freed up some time and space for the FC and even money. Couple less cars to insure around here equals money for FC. Let the spending and budget shredding begin!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Wow! Big changes over the weekend. I knew it was probably coming, but to hear you actually did it! Time to go All In on the FC!

Sounds like to me you freed up some time and space for the FC and even money. Couple less cars to insure around here equals money for FC. Let the spending and budget shredding begin!

I traded in 3 cars worth $93K for 2 worth $93K so that was a wash. I went from owning 3 to 1 but my daughter got the other new one. I'm either one hell of a Dad or just a dumb. She got a Traverse with a V6 and I got the Silverado High Country with a 6.2. At least I'll save money on insurance now.

Between those 3 cars, a motorhome, the International Scout, two tractors. the Scrambler, the FC and a Golf cart it was beginning to look like a used car lot around here.

Last edited:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I bought a 5.3L/4L60E with 101,000 miles from a 2002 Z-71 that had been rolled over. I paid $1400.00 because it was still running and drivable even though it had rolled. this one is a drive by cable. I'm hoping I can get it by this weekend so I can set it in place for this first time. I'm taking baby steps.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I bought a 5.3L/4L60E with 101,000 miles from a 2002 Z-71 that had been rolled over. I paid $1400.00 because it was still running and drivable even though it had rolled. this one is a drive by cable. I'm hoping I can get it by this weekend so I can set it in place for this first time. I'm taking baby steps.

You don't mess around. I'm embarrassed at the snail's pace my build is taking this time.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I'm needing a 241C transfer case if anyone has one sitting in the corner somewhere. I don't know why but it seems like I've done this before in another life.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
You don't mess around. I'm embarrassed at the snail's pace my build is taking this time.
Randy its fixing to come to a halt if I can't find a steering column and gear box and everything else having to do with steering.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
If you just want the easiest way to find a part, check out car-part.com. It basically searches the inventory of participating salvage yards. This is more for the 241C... I think the steering column for the FC would be harder to source.

Good luck!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Steering column- Maybe Flaming River or Ididit can build you one. For steering gearbox ideas, do some research on Astro vans and the like. I seem to remember them having a neat coupler that allows a standard Saginaw box to work with the upright column.

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I found a complete steering assembly today. I hope when it comes in it's what I need.