• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Flock of AMC Eagle sightings

SCWorm

hillbilly born-n-bred
City
Fort Mill
State
sc
I travel a lot around NC/SC for my job, and am always on the watchout for cars in fields, etc. From time to time I'll spot a Scram, or other cool jeep; a while back i saw a garage and field of about 30-40 old VW Beetles. But a couple weeks ago the family and I were driving back from Louisville KY, from national archery in schools tournament that my son's middle school competed in after winning the SC state tournament for 3rd year in a row :cheers:, and I came by a house with 4 AMC Eagles sitting outside. They all looked to be in various states of running condition, I'm mean not up on blocks or crashed or anything. So that was different.

crakmonckey

Legacy Registered User
City
Stroudsburg
State
PA
I see about one AMC eagle sighting a year. It always makes me smile, then said to think Subaru is still around and the mighty Eagle is not.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I've always liked them and they're actually a car Kate would really like to have (it would be ideal up here in winter, I'd love to stop driving my LJ on the salt).

Very cool sighting! :thumbsup:

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
A little off topic but was traveling in my father in laws funeral procession when we passed an out building with five Shelby Mustangs on blocks, all in beautiful condition. Talk about being torn! My wife let me stop by on our way out. It was a collector with 3 GT350's, 1 GT500KR hard top, and 1 GT500KR convertible. The out building turned out to be more of a climate controlled showroom.

Robdesigns

Legacy Registered User
City
Central MA
State
MA
I see about one AMC eagle sighting a year. It always makes me smile, then said to think Subaru is still around and the mighty Eagle is not.

I always liked the AMC Eagle concept too (4wd car). BUT.... I had an 82 Scrambler and an 83 Subaru Brat at the same time in the late 90's. Based on the quality of those two 15 year old vehicles, I am not at all surprised that the AMC Eagle died and Subaru is still going strong. Even now, I would prefer any AWD Subaru over any other AWD car that is comparably priced.

My current rides:
2009 WRX
2006 Outback
1984 Scrambler

Rob

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Go to Alaska. They drive Subarus up there like we drive Camrys, Civics, Accords, Focuses, and Malibus COMBINED. I hadn't heard anything about it before I flew up there and it blew me away. You can tell how insane it is by the number of small shops that are Subaru specific. It's simply incredible. And the condition of the bodies on some of them that you see tooling along is unreal :eek: Holes big enough to crawl through, but they're still going (thanks to all those mechanics I guess).