• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Frame up restoration of my 1981 CJ8

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Amazing attention to detail. Love it!

We lost our Jessie about a year or so ago. Still brings the tears.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I understand. Veto died just over a year ago. It's like losing a child for my wife and I.
Same here. We were at the pumpkin patch over the weekend- saw a dog that looked like Jessie, and both my wife and I were crying. We have a couple of great dogs now- a little Chihuahua named Remington that is my constant companion, and a big goofy German Shepherd that was a special needs rescue named Bella. So much love in the house.

ManyFacesofSchwinn

City
Rathdrum
State
ID
I drug all my parts out today to see what I had. I'm going to get going on the rear end. I forgot I had bought all kinds of parts including a new power steering pump, pulley and the hoses/tubing for hooking up the pump to the steering box. I also found some new old stock brackets for mounting the pump to the engine. I found a new windshield frame, an original dash with the holes for the clock and tach I bought before I stopped working on it, a stainless battery tray and the hard to find aluminum molding that trims the bottom edge of the rocker.

I laid out the parts for the rear end and started taking photos. They come in real handy when reassembling.

IMG_2190.jpg

ManyFacesofSchwinn

City
Rathdrum
State
ID
Same here. We were at the pumpkin patch over the weekend- saw a dog that looked like Jessie, and both my wife and I were crying. We have a couple of great dogs now- a little Chihuahua named Remington that is my constant companion, and a big goofy German Shepherd that was a special needs rescue named Bella. So much love in the house.
Sounds like you love your dogs as much as we do. We have two more now. One was dumped in the woods near our house and the other came from Craigslist. I took the one dumped in the woods to the shelter. They found the owners (she had a chip) but they said they had given the dog away and didn't remember who it was. I think they made that up. We ended up adopting her. Her name is Terra. She's a Red nosed Pitbull. Super loving dog. The other dog is named Angel. She's about four months old now.

IMG_2124.jpg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Sounds like you love your dogs as much as we do. We have two more now. One was dumped in the woods near our house and the other came from Craigslist. I took the one dumped in the woods to the shelter. They found the owners (she had a chip) but they said they had given the dog away and didn't remember who it was. I think they made that up. We ended up adopting her. Her name is Terra. She's a Red nosed Pitbull. Super loving dog. The other dog is named Angel. She's about four months old now.

View attachment 97718
You're right about loving doggies. Looks like you have a great pair!

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Wow we lost " Jack " just a couple months ago and still think he will come around the corner all the time.

ManyFacesofSchwinn

City
Rathdrum
State
ID
I spent all day searching for parts for the rear end. I found lots of other parts while I searched. It was like a scavenger hunt. Some parts hear, some parts there and everywhere. I don't know what I was thinking. My garage was pretty clean before I started. Now it looks like a tornado hit! But now I can get started rebuilding the rear end. I also uncovered the frame for the first time in seven years. Even though I had it covered with sheets and plastic it was super dusty.

IMG_2231.jpg