• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Fuel filler hose with body lift issue

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
With a 1" body lift, my new fuel filler hose cracked at the tank entrance tube, after just a few years, because the body lift is putting strain on it. I could loosen the hose clamps and create some slack on both ends, by not having the hose slid all the way to the tank / fill neck. But I am wondering if there are merits to using a non-specific, non-molded flex hose such as. Thoughts?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tnk-gh-2-ft?rrec=true

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Not familiar with that product, but the hose routing on a Scrambler is pretty twisted (I could see it easily forming a kink in the line). I'd probably opt to cut a shaped hose at a midpoint and install a short extension.

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Yeah, you mean like trying to put a tight 90Deg bend in the flex hose probably wouldn't work..?

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
I have a 1"body lift, 15 gall tank and can attest that getting the hose(s) installed is a pig. However, i suspect it's more to do with the quality of the hoses than the body lift. Wondering if cutting the hose and adding a joint would allow some rotation at least.

MomoJeep

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
I have a 1"body lift, 15 gall tank and can attest that getting the hose(s) installed is a pig. However, i suspect it's more to do with the quality of the hoses than the body lift. Wondering if cutting the hose and adding a joint would allow some rotation at least.

That's what I was thinking...

mssldn

Legacy Registered User
City
Gooding
State
ID
I purchased hose from the local farm/tractor store; the size for at-home fuel tank/pump. They had both sizes that you need and priced per foot.