• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Fuel Tank

lineforeman99

THE MADNESS MUST END
City
Montrose
State
co
I FOUND A 20 GAL. FUEL TANK FROM AN 83 CJ 5 RENEGADE. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO INSTALL IT INCLUDING THE SKID PLATE. WILL IT BOLT UP TO MY 84 SCRAMBLER.

THANKS BUTCH
 
I agree, it should. You can check for sure pretty easily though just look under you scrambler and see if the bolt holes will line up.
 
20 gal tank OEM

Yes, I originally was running the metal 15 Gal and then found a deal on a 20 Gal plastic OEM. The skid plate bolts up exactly same as 15 gal.

The only problem I had was I already had a custom exhaust tailpipe that had to be cut and rerouted after I put on the 20 gal.

Everything else worked fine.

Also.. only other caviat I am still fighting with is the filler inlet fitting on the 20 gal tank was a bit larger than the 15 gal and I am still trying to find/make a new filler hose.

Matt
 
filler neck promblem

Matt couldn't you use the eariler style filler neck from a early CJ or find one in a salvage yard off of an older truck,it should have the larger neck for the larger hose,you would still have to adapt it to mount in the CJ or you take the stock CJ type and have a Machine shop Cut it and then reweld the proper size pipe on it to match your hose size-JC:D
 
Back
Top