• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gas tank/ skid plate recommendation

og48

Basic User
City
Amador City
State
Ca
I’m looking to upgrade to a 20 gallon fuel tank and aftermarket skid plate. Anyone have any recommendations? I like the genright combination, just can’t swallow $1,400.00
Thanks in advance

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
What about the 32 gallon Aerotank? Given you're in California shipping may not be an issue. As I understand it, no need for a skid plate. That's the route I want to go but shipping is more than the cost of the unit.

Last edited:

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
I got a Kilby skid and it's been great!

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
I have the Aero tank in mine. Huge fuel capacity and it’s tough

CJeep

Scrambled
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Easton
State
CT
I just swapped out my aftermarket 20 gal for the genright skid and an eBay factory 20 gal. MTS has the sender, check valves, filler hoses and tank strap.

About $600 or so total.

All in It was a fair amount of $, but I'm very happy with the results.

og48

Basic User
City
Amador City
State
Ca
Thank you all for the responses. I’m wondering if the aero tank would be too big. I may be running a Dana 70 in the rear one day. Lots to think about

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Thank you all for the responses. I’m wondering if the aero tank would be too big. I may be running a Dana 70 in the rear one day. Lots to think about
I've got a Dana 60 in the rear and I've been told it will clear, but I'm not 100% convinced. Even my 60 is perilously close to my baby 15 gallon tank.

From what I was told by Aerotank, they are similar to the 15 at the front. The capacity comes from going all the way into that wasted space behind the current tank.

mwqpd11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Coopersburg
State
PA
I can get a picture. I have a Dana 60 in mine with the Aero

Chamba

City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I can get a picture. I have a Dana 60 in mine with the Aero
I would love to see that please (as well as a picture of your stable of Jeeps; maybe in the current scrambler pics..... what an awesome collection).

What sender did you use with yours? I have the holley in-tank pump with the sniper and I'd like to put that in the Aerotank.

Thanks

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I just swapped out my aftermarket 20 gal for the genright skid and an eBay factory 20 gal. MTS has the sender, check valves, filler hoses and tank strap.

About $600 or so total.

All in It was a fair amount of $, but I'm very happy with the results.

I have the same set up, works great!! The skid plate will definitely take some serious abuse!!