• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Gladiator

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
This dealer order one came in where I ordered mine last week. Snatched it up and cancelled my order. The color combo sold me on it.

Rides and feels just like my wife’s JLUR.

3534166E-CEB1-4A08-BA45-5A58989C0D41.jpegF3AB6891-ED0D-404F-A9FB-4C2A616C9CA2.jpeg7990BCEA-82F0-4178-978E-4B9A224BCD37.jpegE8F6F386-0B64-4AFA-B165-17272E69CDAB.jpeg9D6E5DAB-75E3-4235-A709-B39B3C24A80C.jpeg9E961FED-251D-4C21-8D77-DF8D36F13866.jpeg39C7C415-C104-4804-8E09-950EB9C32325.jpeg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Well I went to the local Jeep dealership to look at the gladiators. Looked around at the jeeps outside for 10-15 minutes. Even rolled in with the CJ. No one ever even came outside. They were all inside looking at their cell phones and I even looked at 3 in the show room and still no salesperson ever came over. Asked a young lady at a desk where the gladiators were. " We get one in and it's gone "

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Well I went to the local Jeep dealership to look at the gladiators. Looked around at the jeeps outside for 10-15 minutes. Even rolled in with the CJ. No one ever even came outside. They were all inside looking at their cell phones and I even looked at 3 in the show room and still no salesperson ever came over. Asked a young lady at a desk where the gladiators were. " We get one in and it's gone "
That sounds like an ideal-ership. Can't stand getting hounded buying a car, furniture, etc.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I don't want them circling like buzzards, but after a while I would like to have someone come unlock a vehicle so I can look inside or answer a question if I have one. Just saying. It was more like I wasn't there, or they don't work on commission I guess. Actually my wife has bought 2 vehicles in the last 8 months and was treated poorly at 3 of the 4 dealers she looked at them.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I went into a dealership in April, before any were delivered and wanted to ask a question. I literally had to go to a manager’s desk and interrupt a couple of sales guys talking about weekend plans. I asked my question and they said I knew more than they did and I should just look it up on the internet since they had zero info from Jeep. :censored:

SKT

Legacy Registered User
City
APO
State
AE
This dealer order one came in where I ordered mine last week. Snatched it up and cancelled my order. The color combo sold me on it.

Rides and feels just like my wife’s JLUR.

Looks great - congrats!

What plans do you have for it?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
That rear window is bothersome to my eyeballs...what is that...a pass through for a 2x10?

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I noticed that back window on the one I pass by going to work in the morning. Some F150's have that same style window. I guess its a power window?

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Not power. Not that much smaller than the one on my Ram 1500. It’s the style that makes it look off

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Not power. Not that much smaller than the one on my Ram 1500. It’s the style that makes it look off

Yeah the style and the way its so recessed vs smooth so to speak, isnt very attractive. But countless things on these new Jeeps aren't attractive so ill just shut up now. :censored::sneaky:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
That rear window is bothersome to my eyeballs...what is that...a pass through for a 2x10?
I wonder if that's an anti theft feature, having the window so small you can't climb through. Like others have said, most all pickups now have a similar small window opening.

tfk00

City
Albert Lea
State
MN
Wow that’s insane;
In a few months you should get 10% off MSRP!
My King Ranch F350 listed for not much more...
Steelers...

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
Well, finally test drove two Gladiators. IMHO good daily driver if your looking to scratch that itch of owning a jeep and a truck all in one. The hard door reminded me of my cj7 with a hard top with no room for my left arm, unless the window is down. The 3.6L, auto trans, with 3.73 gears in the Overland was no different than the sport with 4.10 gears... I don't see it towing much of anything or hauling much of anything with ease. It did not give me that throw you back in the seat sporty feel I was looking for. Modest power but on the low end of modest... With all that said will it tow 7,000-7,400 lbs sure. I also owned a Chevy, S-10, 4 cyl, 5 speed manual, 2wd truck that pull a landscape trailer with a jeep cj on it and it towed it... Not very good of course. I was not impressed at all with the Gladiators power. If I had two jet skis, or two snow mobiles, or two atvs on a small trailer i'd be ok with the jeep Gladiator towing. I think jeep Fiat/ Chrylser dropped the ball in not putting the 5.7L hemi in the Gladiator. The excuse of crumple zones is trash... Ever look under the hood of a SRT8 grand Cherokee... Shoe horn please! I think they knew they would have to charge more and the market would be less if they put a V8 in the gladiator because of the cost (to the average person)... Anyhow cool looking jeep, drove super smooth, leather seats super comfy, lots of technology on the dash, convertible jeep truck all a win in my book but lack of power and the left arm jamming into the inside of the door... for $40K + as a DD I'll stick with my fullsize truck. If it had the get up and go I was looking for I think I would have overlooked the Left arm space...lol (just a honest assessment from a nobody) 7jeeps7kings

-My other hypnoses is someone is still hanging around from the AMC era that is a high up that keeps pounding his fist and stomping his feet saying:
"NO means, NO! There will never be a V8 in a convertible jeep as long as I'm here! Those darn CJ5's ruined it for everyone! NO!" LOL

-found this picture shortly after posting this. most like a load management, braking, someone pulling out infront of, or flowing distance problem. bad day either way...

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_26cb.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_26cb.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Took a surf trip to Costa Rica last week. Crossing to the Nicoya Peninsula on a ferry this was parked on the deck. Diesel powered, lifted, painted with rhino liner or something similar. A gladiator20190610_112159_HDR.jpg20190610_112210_HDR.jpg20190610_112159_HDR.jpg20190610_112210_HDR.jpg20190610_112604.jpg20190610_112610.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Took a surf trip to Costa Rica last week. Crossing to the Nicoya Peninsula on a ferry this was parked on the deck. Diesel powered, lifted, painted with rhino liner or something similar. A gladiator

Given Moabite's difficulty in getting one at all, I'm sure this custom build is going to a buyer with a legitimate employment record. Not.

MikeV

Always learning
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Monroe
State
NY
Yesterday the Jeep dealership in Ramsey NJ near me had 5 gladiators sitting out front. 3 sports 41-43k, 1 overlander 46k and a rubicon at 62k. My favorite was the sport with a soft top that just looked sharp to me. After sitting in one I agree with 7jeeps7kings very flashy and cool all around but that's a steep cost as opposed to a full size truck. The gentleman showing them to me knew NOTHING about them and kept selling the fact that the top comes off for the beach. The entire staff were wearing Hawaiian shirts so I guess that's the selling point. I observed that after following this thread and this forum that I knew so much more about gladiators than he did.

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
North Dighton
State
MA
I have not done a cost analysis, but the buy in price for the Gladiators to me seems much higher than comparable trucks in the same class/segment. Is this just the initial "cool factor" markup that dealers are charging, or will these trucks always be $45-$60K? The Jeep website says pricing of the sport starts at $33K and the Rubicon at $43K. The prices I see online are $10K+ over these, although I know that options do bring up the price but by that much? I guess I am destined to wait for the used market.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
There are several dealerships that advertise selling below invoice:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/#sponsor-forums.34

I don't have any direct knowledge on how easy it is to get these deals from the listed dealerships, however I did get a great deal on a factory ordered 2019 GC from a dealership in VA with no issues.
They are doing the Gladiators as well.