• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

GREATCJ8 Restoration V3

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Mike came out today. We got the dash squared away and in the jeep. Lot of little pieces and parts cleaned and painted so they are ready to go in. The windshield is in for good now. Found some longer bolts to make the auxiliary light brackets work on the windshield hinges.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Mike came out today. We got the dash squared away and in the jeep. Lot of little pieces and parts cleaned and painted so they are ready to go in. The windshield is in for good now. Found some longer bolts to make the auxiliary light brackets work on the windshield hinges.
Great progress!

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
It’s crazy to see this happening all these years from when I last saw that rig :thumbsup:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
It’s crazy to see this happening all these years from when I last saw that rig :thumbsup:
It is!
The 2 tone exterior of original and new (old) rhino - lined tub is growing on me.
It's kinda like mecha-godzilla

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
View attachment 97613View attachment 97614
Soon as we get a brake booster I can get this column in!
Looks awesome. I love the stance
Also:
Battery
Windshield wipers
Ignition switch & new old AMC keys
Shocks
Elevator bolts for SS OEM rockguards
My nutmeg Tailgate hinges
Rhinoliner for front fenders, oem side steps tub entry "U" and half doors once it gets home.

I will eventually set it back to stock nutmeg cj fenders and flares... At some point, prior to giving it to my daughter. Dad's got some miles to go yet lol

Last edited:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
0D73F764-111A-4063-888B-BABA2A301C67.jpeg
Most all of the wiring under the hood is done. Stuck one of my old batteries in there to confirm key and crank 12v wires.
Need to get some atf and coolant and we should be ready to fire soon!

Last edited:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Looks great and perfect stance on 33s. I can't wait to see it in all stock paint color eventually. 👍