• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

I've gone completely, totally, fully insane

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
:headbang:

3658 mi

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/moab/5315ef87384aa2563d000ded

Damn you Magic Mike for ever telling me about roadtrippers.com and the app! :crazy:

If you've never seen this site, it's the coolest thing EVER for planning a roadtrip. Google should seriously buy them, this is what Google maps wishes it was. Aside from some small improvements I'd like to see, it's freaking incredible.

As explanation, my wife and daughter are flying to Denver on 5/3 for me to pick them up to bring them to Moab via a night somewhere in one of the resorts (I used Vail for now). The rest is me checking off as many states "as possible" from my "driven the Postal to/through" list. So the loop goes to Moab once for one night, then to Denver, then Vail, then Moab.
 
Copper Harbor! Nice :) My sons moving back from Houghton in April. I'm sure he's going to miss the UP.

Oh, and cool app. I'm going to have to play with it as well.
 
That's going to be some trip. Looks like "Around the world in 80 days" lol. Going to have to change oil after all that! How long do you think that will take?
 
There's dates on all the points. I'd be leaving two weekends before the National. The idea is to do two long days on the first weekend and then drive in the evening/night after work (I telecommute essentially everyday already) to get the rest of the way.

I'm thinking this would be a ton easier with a rooftop tent on my Bantam trailer so I could just pop it wherever I happen to be, but I don't see that happening. So it will be my quick little 2-man backpacking tent and some flat ground.

Reality may set in and blow this plan straight to hell, but it's fun to think about for now.
 
You've got a bed to sleep in if you make it about an hour west of Topeka, in Manhattan.
 
You're welcome BW!

Connie and I are planning on doing the sameish thing for our trip back from Moab. We were going to do a 4-5 day trip back but now it looks like it may be closer to 9-10 days. Here is our sort of planned route for our 5 day trip back. It will change for sure, but there are a few places that we are going to stop at.

https://roadtrippers.com/trips/52c7f9c36d5561bd8f000001
 
Back
Top