• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jamboree #180

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
That's awesome!! And congrats! :wave:

I need to get into an indoor car show. All the jeep shows around here are in the heat of the summer and you just bake at these things.

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Here is my next project. Jamboree #180.25. I'm still trying to perfect the 1/25th scale hood decal.

forum
[/URL][/IMG]

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
I'd love to see some more of the chief if you'd care to post them up. Beautiful jeeps, you should be very proud.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
I tried that but it jumps from 23 to 41. What's up with that?

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Here you go gazzo.

Actually I have a set of the two window doors, but no top hardware. If they made a black denim skin to match the top I would re-skin the doors, but no such luck.

Here are some pics of Dads Cherokee. It was a barn find locally where we live. Dad is the second owner. It has new paint but the interior is all original. His color (Copper Brown Metallic I think) paired with the topaz gold Jambo make a nice couple.

DSCN19871.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN1989.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN1990.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN1991.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSCN1988.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I was able to view all of the posts. Must be an overseas backlog of cool info blockage in Oz ?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
By the way, I hear decal kits are in the works. Phoenix already has pre orders going on the truck version and a few of us have been pinged for supplying rubbings/measurements for the Cherokee versions. :thumbsup:

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Showing now but thanks for reposting. Sweet Chief!

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
By the way, I hear decal kits are in the works. Phoenix already has pre orders going on the truck version and a few of us have been pinged for supplying rubbings/measurements for the Cherokee versions. :thumbsup:

That is the one thing my dad is going nuts over. The graphics package on the Laredos really set them off. Its good to here. Mike at Austin jeeps has half of an oem set, maybe Phoenix could get those for a pattern.

Now, if someone would come out with a decent 3M Dinocb "Gloss" teak for my Grand Wagoneer we would be set.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I hear ya. I have heard tho that they have gotten better at reproducing that wood grain. Back in 2009 when I restored my wagoneer, a company in Florida remade a darker wood that the 70s ones had from samples I sent. Since then the grand wagoneer resto world has really taken off and I imagine many wood grains are available. Nothing compares to the true NOS Dinoc stuff tho. A year or so ago a roll of it to do one wagoneer brought over $700 IIRC :crazy:

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
I hear ya. I have heard tho that they have gotten better at reproducing that wood grain. Back in 2009 when I restored my wagoneer, a company in Florida remade a darker wood that the 70s ones had from samples I sent. Since then the grand wagoneer resto world has really taken off and I imagine many wood grains are available. Nothing compares to the true NOS Dinoc stuff tho. A year or so ago a roll of it to do one wagoneer brought over $700 IIRC :crazy:

So far the best color match for Gand Wag wood is only offered in matte finish. Team Grand Wagoneer was offering the material that was being made for Wagonmaster in Kerrville Texas, But I understand they have stopped making that as well.

Oh well, my wood is in fairly good shape, a little touch up and it should be good.

20131222_1643201.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Wow that's a great GW. It almost doesn't need new wood. Is that all original ?? :drool:

I know what you mean about the glossy. Mine had it made in glossy too. People then asked me how to get some for the GWs but it was too dark. This pic in sunlight makes it look like yours but it's pretty dark in person.

ac5ecb13bc9c6cbbd4f003d69879919f-1.jpg

HAARubicon

Basic User
City
Tyler
State
Tx
Wow that's a great GW. It almost doesn't need new wood. Is that all original ?? :drool:

I know what you mean about the glossy. Mine had it made in glossy too. People then asked me how to get some for the GWs but it was too dark. This pic in sunlight makes it look like yours but it's pretty dark in person.

ac5ecb13bc9c6cbbd4f003d69879919f-1.jpg

Wow Jersey, love that. The 70's Wagoneers are so cool with the chrome moldings and the slotted mags.

Mine is all original except for a Factory recall repaint of the hood. The clear coat is shot and the next step for mine is the paint booth. The interior is real nice and the wood is salvageable. The picture shows it off better than it is, but overall a real nice one.