Just bought an LS drivetrain.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
I agree. Just thought it was worth mentioning. I also used a Walbro GSL392 (255lph) on the frame rail. Did you use the stock sender? Just wondering if you have had any issues with the 1/4” return not returning enough fuel and potentially causing to much fuel pressure at the rails? Thanks and sorry OP for the high jack.
Yes, I used the stock sender. Zero problems. I used 5/16" line for the feed and the return. It then necks down to 1/4" right at the sender. I called Walbro directly and it was them that actually recommended this to me.

JPCRZY

Legacy Registered User
City
Lakewood
State
Co
Yes, I used the stock sender. Zero problems. I used 5/16" line for the feed and the return. It then necks down to 1/4" right at the sender. I called Walbro directly and it was them that actually recommended this to me.
Good to hear. Haven’t run mine yet but was worried about that. Thanks for the info.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I don’t know if I missed it, but which fuel pump did you go with? Asking because Novak makes a drop in fuel pump module for the stock 20 gallon tank.

I am in the middle of all of this myself. I am using a 2008 aluminum 5.3 (LC9), Novak AX15 and Dana 300. I also used a PSI harness and computer.

I bought a Wablro pump and will be modifying my stock sender. I will have a write up on here after I do it for reference. I will be getting to that part in another week or two after I finished all the other mechanical work. I need to do another update to the thread this week.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Here is my somewhat weekly update. I modified my DBW pedal this weekend. It took about 3hrs total and was not that hard to do. I cut off the lever, removed the plastic foot pedal and flipped the lever to swing left instead of right. I then took some time getting the angle out correct so my foot is in a comfortable position when driving. I did not need to make any special mounts after I cut up the base a little bit and shaved the little bump on the jeep body from where the stock cable used to go through.

I also finished mounting my electric fans to the radiator and buttoned up some small things on the motor. I bought an aftermarket stacked plate trans cooler and when I was under the jeep looking up at the gap between the radiator and the grill I notice two 1/4 npt ports in the bottom. Ha. I didn't even know this radiator had a cooler built in. I never used it before as it came with other parts from a few year ago and just sat in storage. Now I am debating just running with that instead of the other cooler or using both.

Attachments

• DBW Pedal (2).jpg
    DBW Pedal (2).jpg
    173 KB · Views: 11

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
The shifters for both cases are all setup and functioning. This was a Muther effer of a job to get exactly correct and too far longer than it should have taken. I managed to land them in the same spots as before so my cover and boots will still work and save me a few bucks. Overall I am very happy with the setup and I hope it works well. I modified the shifter handle on the so I can used my big round knob and it just pushed down to release the lever between gears. The one supplied with the kit was terrible and had an awkward button on it. The dual stick I had before but I needed to re-bend everything for the different case angle and also still clear the trans shifter brackets.

Attachments

• 20210305_121204.jpg
    20210305_121204.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 11

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Your accelerator pedal position and process is about the same as mine. I just used a spacer to clear the hump, because there’s no way I’m cutting on my freshly painted firewall. I have been finding several things that I should have fitted before paint...

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
Your accelerator pedal position and process is about the same as mine. I just used a spacer to clear the hump, because there’s no way I’m cutting on my freshly painted firewall. I have been finding several things that I should have fitted before paint...
I don't blame you one bit on that account. They pedal still might be a bit high for my liking but time will tell. If it is then I will just tilt the whole assembly with spacers from behind the mount. I have a good 2 inches behind the pedal to the floor at full throttle and the swing is pretty long compared to the stock setup.