• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Mount Shasta Scenic Day Ride

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Hello,

Do we have anyone on here from far Northern California? I'm in Redding.

I used some topo maps on the Gaia GPS app and found some easy but very scenic trails on the North Side of Mount Shasta. Definitely plan on taking the family back to camp here soon.

Enjoy the pics!

George

.20180422_131331.jpg20180422_134412.jpg20180422_151636.jpg20180422_164530.jpg20180422_123702.jpg

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
That looks like a great drive. I may have to find my way up there this summer! (y)

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Nice ride.

Do you have any more pictures of the roll cage you'd care to share?

Here is one more pic I have of the cage. It is tied into the frame at the new front and rear hoops.

I can take more pics this weekend.20170623_205350.jpg

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
That looks like a great drive. I may have to find my way up there this summer! (y)

It's an awesome area. I drove 55 miles on dirt roads and only saw one other vehicle. They were out there to cut firewood but got lost because of the many different roads.

If you come up, we can go together. There is another good spot called Tamarack Lake that has some good trails too.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I've driven by the area many times, and stopped by lake Shasta. Beautiful area, flown over many times also and always wished I had more time in that area. I grew up in southern Oregon, both areas are very beautiful

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
Silver Member
City
Benzonia
State
MI
I like your cage too, nice job. The full bikini top is really nice too...custom I assume?

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Yeah, the bikini is custom. About $425.00 at a local upholstery shop. Came out great.

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Looks awesome. Quite a drive from southeastern Indiana though.

Sfisher

Basic User
Silver Member
City
El Dorado Hills
State
CA
Looks like a great trip. Glad to see some NorCal pics. I'm headed out to Hell Hole Jeep Trail this weekend so hopefully I'll have some trail pics too.