• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Needing direction...

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I know there's one wire that has power only in crank, one that has power only in run, and a third that has power in both crank and run. Maybe you got them mixed up?

cattleman1977

CJ-8 Member
City
Delavan
State
KS
I know there's one wire that has power only in crank, one that has power only in run, and a third that has power in both crank and run. Maybe you got them mixed up?

You may be right but if that's the case I've overlooked a wire somewhere because I only have two going to my new harness. I'll check it out on Wednesday. Thanks!

cattleman1977

CJ-8 Member
City
Delavan
State
KS
I had a fellow Kansas cj-8 member message me this morning wondering if I was doing anything with my scrambler. It has been a long time since I’ve been on here. Party due to life but partly due to the inconvenience created when Tapatalk went away. It does seem like the new website is easier to use so far...
I have mostly finished up my project at least to the drivable point. This was last summer.
2560D4AC-DC22-4CE0-B345-202CD410B527.jpegThe T176 transmission was about the only thing that wasn’t gone through and I lost reverse out of it last year. I’ve been busy with other things (mainly learning to fly) so hadn’t done much with it. However, I just took a 5-speed last week to Mike at 4X4Land to overhaul. Once it’s done I’m going to have him install it along with the speedhut gauges I’ve never got around to installing. I’m over the build excitement and just ready to enjoy it when I feel like it. Once that’s done I have a khaki K-line top I’d like to put on and then maybe original decals and then I’ll be done... until something else breaks!

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I've been wondering how it turned out... it looks great! :thumbsup:

ddavis

SOA Member
City
State
KS
The Jeep looks great! I also think original decals would make it look really sweet! I was afraid your project came to an abrupt stop. Thanks for posting!

cattleman1977

CJ-8 Member
City
Delavan
State
KS
With nice paint, good glass, and a STOL kit... good find! :wave:
Don't you need a Cessna Caravan to haul all those kids?
Great good to hear. Flown in them many times along with 180s

Good eye on the STOL kit, a caravan is out of my price range, and a 180 is the cowboy Cadillac: land it anywhere.

Nice looking bird. That 6 cylinder is a smooth running engine.
^^^ I actually found is plane in Yankton South Dakota. It had zero time on a top overhaul. :headbang:

I’m a bit surprised and how many jeep guys are into Aviation or Aviation guys are into Jeeps. The guy I bought my scrambler from is actually my crop duster. He and I have wasted a lot of time talking planes and Jeeps!

Since there seems to be some interest I’ll spend some time tidying up my build thread and updating what has been done in the last year or so.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Don't you need a Cessna Caravan to haul all those kids?
I'm thinking in a couple of years when the kids get a little bigger and older you will need to step it up a little-maybe just a 208 with turbine. A little more middle of the road.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
Good deal! I am from South Dakota originally. Been in and around Yankton. The 172 is a great bird for the price and good parts availability, especially compared to old Beechcraft.

cattleman1977

CJ-8 Member
City
Delavan
State
KS
I mostly finished my 8 a little over a year ago. At least enough to trust taking it to South Park Colorado. There is always more to do but here it is now with 33x10.5R15’s on blacked out rims and an original Kayline soft top. It was really painful drilling holes for the top but I love how it turned out!FC83B35A-1DC3-4F13-823F-10F225AFC66D.jpeg