• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

New Wagoneer?

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
My wife and I are expecting our second daughter here at the end of this month. Her Grand Cherokee isn't near big enough with two car seats so we have been in search of a 7/8 passenger SUV. We had been hoping the new Grand Wagoneer would actually be released now that the rumors have been out for several years.

We were loyal Jeep people but thanks to them for dragging their feet on this yet again we had to look elsewhere for a vehicle. We looked at the new Yukon Denali XLs, extended Escalades, and the Durangos but the GM products are 12 weeks out to order; and they are going through a transmission change from 6 to 8 speed automatics which sounded like a mess of recalls and other issues to me with the first production run.

We ended up going with an 8-passenger Infiniti and we couldn't be happier. Just got it last week, wife loves it and I love the 400 hp, win/win! All I can say to Jeep is they need to pay homage to the past GW's with the design that made the name famous and get something done with it. A part of me does agree with JerseyJeep though, I doubt fiat will get it right. The new non-Jeep family truckster:
defd41bfa9dee9d01dcf3858a16ee49c-1.jpg

c9eca2f7d33b8314ac1624bd07a9815e-1.jpg

Sent via signal flare

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Nice!!! My boss has had one for two years and still loves it.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
CJ10, One Overlander top, a kangaroo skin (still on the kangaroo) some emu feathers and a set of pointy doors

Pman

Busted Knuckles
Lifetime Member
City
Mount Pleasant
State
SC

You can bet this new GW is going to be some serious coin. I'd prefer to buy raw land or a home to turn into a rental property if I'm going to fork out 60-70k. That's the niche the Jeep execs said they wanted to play (and where the original GW was-premium). I also am one who really likes the GC, but the rest of the Jeep SUV fleet is horrific, to the point I want to projectile vomit!!

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
That is based on a JK which is too small for a Wagoneer. The new Waggy is going to compete with the GMC Yukon Denali and Cadillac Escalade.

jeepinjosh

Basic User
City
pell city
State
al
that blue jeep is one of my favorite concept jeeps of all time. I'd go by one of these day 1

Wyatt1234

Basic User
City
Orange
State
TX
People who buy burbs, yukons, and escalade, will always buy the following. As much as Id like tone be optimistic, but Chrysler can't do anything right with jeeps, that prototype, needs to be boxer, and have wood down the side., oh wait I just describe the '70s. I could live without the wood, but it definitely needs to retain the boxy body style of the '60s 70s, and '80s.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Link is dead for me

Sent from my SM-J320P