• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Non-Jeep people

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
A while back I referred a newish Scrambler owner to this board. He posted up on FB and was looking for nutmeg seats, and I remembered that a member here was nice enough to GIVE away some extra parts that he wasn't using, among them, some nutmeg seats. I pointed him to that thread, and the member here was nice enough to remove the nutmeg fabric from the frames and send it to the guy needing the covers.

So, fast forward a bit, same guy pops up late last week with a nice seat that he bought, and thought he was getting nutmeg, turned out it was honey.

I call around, find someone a couple hours away who has a nutmeg seat. I tell the guy I have a friend with a mint nutmeg seat and ask the guy if he'll trade. My Jeeps all have honey, and he's local, so I figure it's worth it.

He says sure. This was late Friday afternoon. I told him that the owner of the nutmeg seat had the seat stored in his shop, which was in a neighboring town, but that I would get him pics as soon as the guy made a trip to his shop and could pick up the nutmeg seat.

This morning I hear "I dropped my seats off at the upholsterer this morning to have them recovered, so I'm selling the Honey seat. Make me an offer if you're still interested."

I guess I'm irritated because I called in a favor to line up this seat, and now I look like an *** when I say "Did you get that seat from your shop yet? If so, hope you didn't make a special trip 40 miles each way to get it."

I've been referring people to this board a lot. Best group of Jeep people on the web. I don't worry about dealing with people here. Not at all. Word is bond. I understand deals don't always work out, but a "How soon can you get that nutmeg seat because I need it quick" would have been nice.

Of course, the nutmeg covers that were given to the guy here are going on his Scrambler, and he's in a hurry to get it fixed....so he can sell it.

That said, I think after this experience I'll keep the details of this site to myself. Looks like I've sent some wishy-washy folks here.

JeepWillis

Basic User
City
Austin
State
Tx
Kudos to you for putting in the extra effort and trying to help a fellow out. You should've known it was gonna go south when you found the dude on Facebook lol.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Kudos to you for putting in the extra effort and trying to help a fellow out. You should've known it was gonna go south when you found the dude on Facebook lol.

Yep.

I guess Jersey and his distaste of all things bookface has the right idea.

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
I told you that I was in a hurry !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rotfl: Yeah right. Your one of the people that come to mind when we talk about the integrity of this site. Shout out to alot of others I've done business with Brooklyn , Jersey , Certifiable , Jeep Addict , Mwqpd , Gr8dain , Cj7pilot and I'm sorry I know I'm missing a few. I also know there are more here I or they just haven't had the right part at the time.

Great Site , can't say enough about the people here. :bacon:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
:rotfl: Yeah right. Your one of the people that come to mind when we talk about the integrity of this site. Shout out to alot of others I've done business with Brooklyn , Jersey , Certifiable , Jeep Addict , Mwqpd , Gr8dain , Cj7pilot and I'm sorry I know I'm missing a few. I also know there are more here I or they just haven't had the right part at the time.

Same to ya Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
There's a HUGE difference between enthusiasts and flippers. Sure, enthusiasts end up collecting piles of Jeeps and piles of parts (like most of the members here, including those mentioned above), and I certainly don't look down on enthusiasts who sell some parts. (I ended up with a TON of extra parts I'll never need when I got the parts-postal, which really I only wanted for the extra MD Juan tub it came with.) But flippers, price gougers, and those in this primarily to profit off of enthusiasts, really really bug me. I see so much of that on the FB CJ pages that I tend to simply stay off them.

Forums > FB

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA

Exactly. And like Jim said, you are included in the list. You will forever be a part of my Scrambler, as are many on this forum. It would not be on the road without you all.

I knew that I found the right place on the web when I was searching for my Scrambler.

JeepWillis

Basic User
City
Austin
State
Tx
Exactly. And like Jim said, you are included in the list. You will forever be a part of my Scrambler, as are many on this forum. It would not be on the road without you all.

I knew that I found the right place on the web when I was searching for my Scrambler.

That picture is so cool Dain

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thanks for the shout out Pete [emoji1303]

Agree this is the best forum in the land I been saying it for almost ten years, been a scrambler owner for 13 years. First three years I was lost in the sauce then found this place [emoji846]

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
As luck would have it, the guy who had the nutmeg seat (a lot of ya'll know Farley) was understanding about the "Well I don't need that nutmeg seat after all" and to top it off he said "Oh, you need a honey seat? I have one."

I like to help people on the web, but I think I need to be a bit more selective of those that I send here.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
When I started my CJ 6 project I went looking of some place dispose of the older Jeep parts that is was taking off and not going to reuse. I didn't want to just throw them in the junk pile for scrap. I knew some one would want the parts. I found the Early CJ5 group and started posting the parts on there. Man did I get grilled. They jumped all over me. I had to explain to them is wasn't a "flipper", I had just started a project building the CJ 6 and I was a real Jeeper, that I owned 3 others and that I wasn't trying to make a lot of money, After that I was Ok to sell them. Most of the time by the time I gave them a price and I shipped it I lost money! I did get a little better at figuring the shipping so I did make a few bucks but nothing that covered the time I spent sending.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
And along the "no good deed goes unpunished", the guy who was nice enough to hook me up with a Honey seat agreed to buy a Levi tan dash pad and rear seat on FB.

Seller agreed to a price, and was going to get a shipping quote.

Then said "I had a better offer so they're sold"

Facebook strikes again.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
I saw your post on there. Its too bad these things happen but they do. I am glad we can at least trust the members on this site. Everyone here loves to help for the love of Scramblers and Jeeps all together.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I do a lot FB parts shopping/trading because it has become faster to look for posted CL ads in some of the groups there then to search them out myself! However, like has been said, I don't trust a lot of the sellers on FB or CL like I do the members here. The deals I've made on here have all been great and the members have all been trustworthy with very fair prices up to and including sending stuff to me for free including the shipping! Amazing.