wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I have an M100 and an M416. Neither are worth much from a collector's standpoint. Lunettes are missing from both, floors are ok, but both have had the rear cut out. The M100 had a home-made wood tailgate that slides into place, and the M416 has a fold down truck style metal tailgate (one of these days I'll rig up one like that on the M100). M416 has bulldog 2" hitch, and the M100 has a long neck welded into the old lunette receiver with two pieces of flat steel with a hole drilled so you can use a pin to pull it (again, one of these days I'll rig the M100 up like the M416).

Both had solid floors, but both are pretty dented up and like I said, not original.

That said, they both pull great behind a CJ and I don't even know they're back there when using the wife's 4runner.

I paid $375 for the M416 and got the M100 for free.

These things are HEAVY duty for their size and I know the wheel bolt pattern on the 416 matches my CJ bolt pattern, so my spare will work on the trailer. The M100 is currently buried under a pile of my Dad's crap so I haven't even looked at it in about 10 years.

Craig, when you do those bearings how about a nice write-up? I've got 4 trailers now including the boat trailer and the flatbed, and to be honest, I've never repacked the bearings and since I rarely go more than 20 miles or so from the house with any of them it hasn't really been high on my list of priorities. I DO need to do them all though.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Pics of my M416. Note the fold down tailgate, mismatched wheels, bulldog hitch instead of pintle, and crank up front wheel where the landing leg used to be. Not at all original, but still very solid and very handy to have around.