Pics of my complete restoration.

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
I'd definitely put the rest of the decals on the Laredo. I think CJ's w/o them just look too plain, and without character. That's a great looking rig, and I was trying to assess the originality in your initial photos, and before I read your follow-up post.

Being that I'm not familiar with the '85 model year, I took a long look at the driver's seat bracket. I recognized that style from the '81 model year, but thought that it was changed in '83, due to the weight distribution that often pushed that earlier bracket through the steel floor.

I'd also like to ask about the fog lights and whether they are the factory originals, and if so, are they in the proper locations? Also, I'm surprised that the '85 Laredo models didn't have a standard package that included power brakes. Lastly, I'm also surprised to not see the hood insulation; was it removed for new paint? I mention these items as a query basis only, as it would seem to make sense that some of the common Laredo options would be "packaged" after a certain point in time, like after '81-'82.

JeepScrambler

CJ-oholic
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Claflin
State
KS
Also, I'm surprised that the '85 Laredo models didn't have a standard package that included power brakes.
From my understanding, power brakes and power steering were always optional, regardless of what package the CJ's came with.

Colt439, if that were my Scrambler I would go ahead and put the rest of the decal kit on! Regardless of your choice, that is one good looking Scrambler!!! Nicely done!

Last edited:

colts439

Basic User
City
Ashland
State
MO
follow up

yes, the power brakes were an option (even in the Laredo model). I have never had hood insulation on the jeep. I'm sure most had insulation at one time or another...but sometimes it starts to sag or fall down. I haven't really thought about putting a insulation kit back on. kinda like it without. the seat brackets are original. The fog lights were added on after it was purchased. I am the second owner.

Thanks for the comments. and HAPPY JEEPIN!

Brad