Postal and Bantam tent trailer headed to SEMA 2018 & west coast tour

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
That trip would take some SERIOUS planning. I have no idea how I’d realistically ever go about it, honestly.
Join the navy and get stationed on a carrier. Once in a while when they send a carrier from the west coast to Hawaii they go out with no planes and the deck full of navy personnel personal vehicles. Then sell it for a small fortune. :) image.png

53D Scrambler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Hampstead
State
NC
Hawaii is actually pretty easy if you have the time for your Jeep to be in transit. I was stationed there for 6 years and shipped my STi back from the island in 2010 for just under a grand. There is a "space available" option for shipping which takes several weeks but is much cheaper. I believe my STi took just under 4 weeks to arrive from Oahu to Baltimore. I think we used: Matson

Watch out for HI vehicle laws....even though my vehicles were registered in Florida I still needed a HI state inspection and out of state registration. Commies.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Thanks. I have years before I have to figure that out at the rate I move through these.

Reminds me that I need to dig out my map and fill in some states :bacon:

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Reminds me that I need to dig out my map and fill in some states :bacon:
You need to get one of these and put it on the Postal.

I put it on the side of our Volvo tow pig. Not up to date, as we knocked on California and Nevada last summer.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
You need to get one of these and put it on the Postal.

I put it on the side of our Volvo tow pig. Not up to date, as we knocked on California and Nevada last summer.
I actually searched fairly hard one night for a small version of that before SEMA. Wanted it to be much smaller than any of the RV ones I could find and came up empty.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I gave up looking when what I thought was an obscene amount of searching didn't turn one up, probably not going to try again. It was just a random late-night thought to have on there for SEMA to explain what I do with the Postal. Not too worried about it anymore :shrug:

I assumed something like that would be next to trivial to find, but it was far from it.

In addition to wanting it small, I had no interest in having graphics like Jason's on each state, I just wanted a blank map with single colored stickers to fill in. I kind of assumed I'd easily be able to find one in any size with any color state stickers :banghead: